If Dani Alves joined City, would he be starting over Kyle Walker?

I think that Pep would be the only person to think of putting a tried and tested midfielder at left back. He must have seen something that has passed by the rest of us!

Fab has been a revelation at left-back.

I - like most Blues, I’m sure - have been really impressed with how well he has slotted in to the rôle; he’s playing as if he’d been there his whole career.

Playing as well as any left-back in the Premier League this season?

No, but he'd play his share.

Regarding Delph, he offers us very good defensive left back option but let's not go over the line he's nowhere near modern fullbacks as he doesn't bring absolutely anything in attack. Luckily, we have a proper, proper, proper left wing who more than balance that deficiency we currently have. And maybe it's even better, when Mendy got injured anyway, as I wasn't really bought into Mendy's defensive qualities in those few games he played, maybe it's better that we had some more defensive option on that side. We'd surely score more goals with Mendy but being bit more stable at back was probably good foundation to install fear into everyone with our attacking options, so it was maybe a blessing in disguise for anyone apart Mendy.

I think people underestimate how much Pep loves Dani Alves.

He's the perfect RB in Pep's eyes, and at Barcelona he was as influential to the way they played as Xavi or Messi, he was their entire right side, he generated more assists for Messi than any other player. If you asked Pep im pretty sure hed say hes the best RB he's ever seen and without any hyperbole.

He played like our full backs do in midfield as well as fullback but be also played a much bigger role in attack, and he was a massive dictator of how and where they played.

So I think if Alves would be playing a lot more than people think, his age and fitness would be the only limiting factor.

That said he's a twat, and I'm not upset he's not here. Walker has been great.

I thought that we only recruited talented players who loved their neighbours and were the apple of their mothers' eyes? We've had our fair share of twats and I thought we'd seen the back of the last one. (no names, no pack drill!)

Anyone else see Alves recently claim he still wants to play in the Premier League one day? Really bizarre and implies he's probably going to do another runner after a year at PSG and wind up at Everton or West Ham.

Maybe he'd start ahead of Walker - but, IMO, we've dodged a bullet with Alves joining PSG and disrupting team chemistry there as opposed to screwing up our locker room.

He's as old as the hills and is quite frankly the last thing we need. He chose Easy Street 18 months ago, he is no longer what we require. In addition, Walker has been in poor form but looks to be coming out of it. He was solid yesterday, I do not see it as a priority position. We also have Danilo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.