If he's good enough for Nige, he's good enough for me...

Bluemoon115

Nigel de Jong on Tevez's play, and being his skipper.

http://blogs.bettor.com/Nigel-de-Jong-praises-captain-Carlos-Tevez-a30069

The Beast said:
“I don’t think there is a better big-game player at the moment to be honest with you,” said de Jong. “If you compare him with a lot of strikers in other teams... then I don’t think there’s anybody else who is better. He’s the complete package."

"He’s not the biggest player, but he’s so strong that you can’t get him off the ball. You see how he fought in this game with John Terry and Alex, I mean, that’s just unbelievable."

“Everybody praises him about scoring but his work-rate is just phenomenal. He’s a great example for the rest of the Man City team. He’s our captain at the moment and with good reason.”

Well I must admit that whilst I'm one of Tevez's biggest fans, I had not considered the particular aspect of him being a 'big game player'.
This phrase may sound a bit of a cliche, but when you do actually consider how mant top players crumble under the pressure of the big game, it really does stand out that this lad has almost no nerves.
I've seen Terry, Ferdinand, and even Drogba lose out to the pressure of massive games, but think Tevez is just even more mentally hyped than ever when the game is an enormous one.
This has got to be an asset of epic proportion and must drive on his team mates in a way by demonstating his fight to rise with the expectation.
He'll probably be amazing in the future developement of particularly Balotelli along with any of our other younger players wanting to see how it should be done.
Amazing tallent and as has been said before and laughed at by too many, he must be close in worth and ability to Messi.

Lordeffingham said:
Well I must admit that whilst I'm one of Tevez's biggest fans, I had not considered the particular aspect of him being a 'big game player'.
This phrase may sound a bit of a cliche, but when you do actually consider how mant top players crumble under the pressure of the big game, it really does stand out that this lad has almost no nerves.
I've seen Terry, Ferdinand, and even Drogba lose out to the pressure of massive games, but think Tevez is just even more mentally hyped than ever when the game is an enormous one.
This has got to be an asset of epic proportion and must drive on his team mates in a way by demonstating his fight to rise with the expectation.
He'll probably be amazing in the future developement of particularly Balotelli along with any of our other younger players wanting to see how it should be done.
Amazing tallent and as has been said before and laughed at by too many, he must be close in worth and ability to Messi.
it amazes me that the media completely overlook him and don't give him the praise he deserves

if wooney, nando, or the diving drogba scored 24 in 28 games i think we'd be reading about it everyday of the week, and in wooney's case saying he's the best striker in the world

squirtyflower said:
Lordeffingham said:
it amazes me that the media completely overlook him and don't give him the praise he deserves

if wooney, nando, or the diving drogba scored 24 in 28 games i think we'd be reading about it everyday of the week, and in wooney's case saying he's the best striker in the world

We'd hear about it morning, noon and night and it would never be off the SSN ticker-tape, and it's pretty safe to say we wouldn't hear the last of it!

The Beast said:
“Everybody praises him about scoring but his work-rate is just phenomenal. He’s a great example for the rest of the Man City team. He’s our captain at the moment and with good reason.”
Hopefully, he'll be an example for AJ, Balotelli, etc. this season and for many to come. I wouldn't say the City's had this big game player in a few years. He dominates Chelsea, plays great against United. What more could you ask out of this guy?

Our players will get the recognition they deserve when we eventually win a trophy, or finish in the lauded Top 4. At the minute, they are a very, very expensively recruited team who could only draw against Blackburn at home and lose against Sunderland away. That's how the press see it, and one win against Chelsea at home won't change it. The players need to do it week in and week out, only then will they get the full praise of the press.

malg said:
Our players will get the recognition they deserve when we eventually win a trophy, or finish in the lauded Top 4. At the minute, they are a very, very expensively recruited team who could only draw against Blackburn at home and lose against Sunderland away. That's how the press see it, and one win against Chelsea at home won't change it. The players need to do it week in and week out, only then will they get the full praise of the press.
i agree with this totally, we need to win a trophy and do the business every week. magnificent as it all was against chelski, we have to do it all over again against newcastle

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.