'If It's Not Broke, Don't Fix It'

Freestyler

I made this point after the Arsenal game, also the fact he took off Dzeko and it brought Arsenal back into the game as everyone said.

I'm sorry but I'm asking questions of Mancini once again. This 3-5-2 formation he has a massive obsession with. IT IS NOT WORKING. We haven't played well at all this season. Tonight has been on the cards, it's been coming. Hopefully this is a kick up the arse. Tonight is what Sunday could and probably should have been, he's tinkering with the squad and once again making bizarre substitutions and tactical errors.

If it's not broke, don't fix it. Were going backwards as we play each game, tonight was dreadful and probably the worse game under Mancini.

Freestyler said:
I made this point after the Arsenal game, also the fact he took off Dzeko and it brought Arsenal back into the game as everyone said.

I'm sorry but I'm asking questions of Mancini once again. This 3-5-2 formation he has a massive obsession with. IT IS NOT WORKING. We haven't played well at all this season. Tonight has been on the cards, it's been coming. Hopefully this is a kick up the arse. Tonight is what Sunday could and probably should have been, he's tinkering with the squad and once again making bizarre substitutions and tactical errors.

If it's not broke, don't fix it. Were going backwards as we play each game, tonight was dreadful and probably the worse game under Mancini.
We should have beaten Arsenal. But tonight was a bad night.

Freestyler said:

We took the lead twice playing 352..

Matter of fact we conceded with 4 at the back..

You strengthen before it breaks.

Look at Forest in 1992 or Leeds in 1993.

You need to evolve or be left behind.

Freestyler said:

When we had a slump last year how many were calling for more width or a plan B or saying teams had figured us out and our short passing game was one dimensional

even the best teams sometimes play badly, any formation can look disorganised if the players within it arent doing there jobs

Its a joke the defence is at the moment. IF Mancini continues this it will cost us big time this season. I too argee with the OP about his views. Were nowhere near the defence of last season we won the title last year by goal difference. Well this season the way we are defending we wont win any title this season.

I think for the next few games time to keep a settled back 4 and get back to basics of clean sheets and winning games. I dont think we will be in the running this year for the title if we continue this 3-5-2 system. Name me a English team to have won the league with 3 at the back cause I cant think of any off the top of my head. We are playing in the most competitive league in the world.

leighton said:
Its a joke the defence is at the moment. IF Mancini continues this it will cost us big time this season. I too argee with the OP about his views. Were nowhere near the defence of last season we won the title last year by goal difference. Well this season the way we are defending we wont win any title this season.

I think for the next few games time to keep a settled back 4 and get back to basics of clean sheets and winning games. I dont think we will be in the running this year for the title if we continue this 3-5-2 system. Name me a English team to have won the league with 3 at the back cause I cant think of any off the top of my head. We are playing in the most competitive league in the world.

Exactly what i'm saying, mancini still thinks he's in italy.

it isn't working and using it with new players and young ones is a joke.

It's floored already, stick to what were best at now. The back 4 is changing everyweek, it's a joke.

The players clearly have no idea how to play in the system which is my biggest worry, wtf are we doing in training? Whatever it is is not working as players are just running round seemingly not knowing where they are supposed to be playing

leighton said:

I'm sure one of the great liverpool teams played 3 centre backs away from home.

Arsenal's famous back four was actually 5 men at the back in 1988/89 with O'Leary as sweeper and they won the league with it.

Corky said:
You strengthen before it breaks.

Look at Forest in 1992 or Leeds in 1993.

You need to evolve or be left behind.

Seen not even a hint of our home system/style last season breaking through besides the Sunderland and QPR (where we were just wasteful... 40+ shots was it?) games. We beat everyone except Sunderland, limited the rags to 0 shots and beat them, beat Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, and Arsenal... all playing a similar system. Why have we not stuck to the exact same style at home? I can understand the tinkering away where we truly did struggle, but at home it's bizarre to mess around with one of the best setups since Mourinho's Chelsea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.