If Liverpool or United achieved the same season, there would be no debate

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by sergiofan, 15 May 2018.

1. sergiofan

sergiofan

2. Fame Monster

Fame Monster

There is no debate anyway. If we played in 98/99 or 2003/2004, we’d have got 110 points nevermind 100 points. We’re the best there’s been.

3. GortonBlue62

GortonBlue62

4. karen7

karen7

The back pages would not have been all about a team scrapping top 4 that is for certain

5. Gorton_Tubster

Gorton_Tubster

Not even relevant. We all know this achievement by anyone other than City would have been lauded. KDB would have been PotY, Pep MotY. Anyone other than City is the mantra nowadays.

Wish our club would actually make mention of the fact that we have an uphill battle against the media/press. Maybe Pep not getting MotY would ignite the conversation

6. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

If Utd or Liverpool had done what we did there would be no debate and there would be 24*7 coverage of the feckers on every single sports media outlet.

7. Manchester1894

Manchester1894

The record books will look back and say we beat the 2 most successful clubs in English history... Liverpool having signed the worlds most expensive defender in VVD and United signing the the Premier Leagues most expensive players in £90m Pogba and £75m Lukaku and paying the highest wage in history to Alexis Sanchez.....

No wonder they are hurting

8. I'm With Stupid

I'm With Stupid

Look at the papers the day we got 100 points ffs.

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Only two newspapers put us as the lead story, and one of those it was a combined story with Salah's record.

My favourite one is the Guardian, which says "City join the hundred club." Which hundred club would that be, and who else is in this club?

9. blue_paul

blue_paul

Miguel Delaney in the Independent at least told the truth. The tv companies are very wary of City and our potential to basically destroy all competition over the next several years. We don’t have the fan base of United, pool, Arsenal or Spurs and judging by the back pages above, we don’t sell papers either.
    We’re bad for business basically, expect a full frontal assault on ‘City’s obscene spending’ over the summer.

10. I'm With Stupid

I'm With Stupid

Do Spurs really have a big fanbase? Or do all of the London-based journalists just happen to disproportionately support them and Arsenal?