If Liverpool or United achieved the same results, there would be no debate

I think generally the media are improving but we will have to stomach paying second fiddle to rags and dippers for some time yet. We'll need 25 years of success and some to see any change in that. The media will always pander to the clubs with the largest fan base. We're in year 7 of success since winning the FA Cup. It's changing.

If the sports media covered the teams playing the best football rather than the biggest fanbases then the sports media would be much lot better off in tbe long term. All they are doing is writing off the fan bases of some very big clubs - who will go elswhere for news about there own team.

Last edited:
It's an interesting article and the author makes some good points. Of course as City fans we are all bound to be in broad agreement.

However, what he overlooks I think is that the 100 points should be considered in the context of the standard of opposition. West Ham might get 100 points if they played in the fourth division. Would that make West Ham the greatest team ever?

And I do think the premier league has been unusually dross this year. United are as bad as they've been for the last 5 years and the fact they managed to comfortably finish 2nd, says a lot, I think.

We probably are the greatest team ever, and I think we'll show that when we win it again next season. I don't buy the line that you have to win multiple back to back titles to qualify as being the best. But I do think there's an argument for saying that you have to do it against strong opposition.

It's an interesting article and the author makes some good points. Of course as City fans we are all bound to be in broad agreement.

However, what he overlooks I think is that the 100 points should be considered in the context of the standard of opposition. West Ham might get 100 points if they played in the fourth division. Would that make West Ham the greatest team ever?

And I do think the premier league has been unusually dross this year. United are as bad as they've been for the last 5 years and the fact they managed to comfortably finish 2nd, says a lot, I think.

We probably are the greatest team ever, and I think we'll show that when we win it again next season. I don't buy the line that you have to win multiple back to back titles to qualify as being the best. But I do think there's an argument for saying that you have to do it against strong opposition.
Look at the top 5/6 managers,we have never had it so good in the country,we put them all to shame because we are that good

Look at the top 5/6 managers,we have never had it so good in the country,we put them all to shame because we are that good

That's an interesting point. But whereas I'd accept Pochettino and Klopp are still top managers, you could debate whether Mourinho is, and Wenger most definitely isn't. Conte completely lost it this season as well.

That's an interesting point. But whereas I'd accept Pochettino and Klopp are still top managers, you could debate whether Mourinho is, and Wenger most definitely isn't. Conte completely lost it this season as well.
They are all still some of the best managers in the game,have to wonder whether being up against pep was a mental barrier for them especially as the season went on

Greatest P/L team - for me, it's us, this season. Taking off the blue-tinted specs though... "Invincible" Arsenal are up there too, but I think we're better.

I think it is harder now because never in the history of the league has there been this many top teams and top managers

Greatest P/L team - for me, it's us, this season. Taking off the blue-tinted specs though... "Invincible" Arsenal are up there too, but I think we're better.

10 Points better
33 Goals better
6 Wins better
32 Goal Difference better

There is no comparison really. It's just they went unbeaten, which is a great achievement but we smash them in every other department.

10 Points better
33 Goals better
6 Wins better
32 Goal Difference better

There is no comparison really. It's just they went unbeaten, which is a great achievement but we smash them in every other department.
Yup - but if your metric is - win if you can, but whatever you do, don't lose, then Arsenal's record moves to the forefront.

I agree that we're the better side - but an argument can be made for Arsenal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.