If Losing to Liverpool......

Christ almighty, Sky going overboard on Liverpool's chances.
Liverpool this Liverpool that. They'll
Be gutted if we get through.

beating liverpool in the semi is more important that anything for me. Would be nice to go on and win the CL after that, but if Liverpool win the CL this year the british media will forget whatever City achieve and it will be a year remembered for Liverpool.
Beating Liverpool in the semi is impossible, seen as though we play them in the quarter final

No chance.

Losing to Liverpool whether some disagree, it will be be seen as a failure in our season.

This City team is being put on a throne as one of the greatest sides in English football history, if that is to be it can’t be knocked out by a team 20 points behind us in 3rd place.
This all day long

If there is one thing that can take the gloss out of our season, it’s losing to Liverpool.

“If losing to Liverpool ...”

I thought this thread was going to be about if we are losing after the first leg then what should we do against the Scum in the derby ... rest key players and focus on the second leg or take the derby as seriously as we are before having played Liverpool ...

Now that would have been a more realistic scenario and a better debate point ... what’s this shite about pts and records ... not even an interesting question in my opinion!

And you call yourself trublue...

This team could easily win the next 5 and settle a lot of scores.

yep, i sure do.

I wasn't suggesting that i wanted us to lose to Liverpool. I dont, I WANT US TO BEAT THEM, and i want us to win the Champions League, and i am certain, we WILL win the league (however bearing in mind the teams left in, to win it, we are going to have to beat Liverpool, and probably 2 out of Real, Barca and Bayern) and that wont be easy, (nor will winning our last 8 league games) I was simply suggesting (although i have absolutely no influence over the subject - probably the same as most discussions on here - that if we were to lose to Liverpool, and then subsequently won the last 8 league games, the records that would be broken, would certainly put us in (or even beyond) the Arsenal invincibles (9 points dropped all season !!!!), as long as Liverpool dont win it, and they wont, this season would certainly be remembered for a long time, and the record books would bear testimony to that.

So, no, i dont want to lose to them, and i'm confident we will beat them, however, i stand be my original (hypothetical suggestion), that should we lose to them, and subsequently win the next 8 games,. that would be no bad thing!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.