If not Hodgson, who?

He'll get a contract extension to the 2018 WC. England will top a pretty easy group on 7 points, and will get one of Albania, Switzerland or Romania in the last 16, you don't get much easier then that for a knockout, they'll win and reach the quarters, which will be deemed progress, because they finished bottom of 2014. So you can all look forward to more Rooney as captain, and the Scouse mafia always picked.

It's pretty slim pickings tbh. I don't have a massive problem with Hodgson. Perhaps having one manager who can spend a number of years creating a style of play where all the players know what is expected will be a good thing. We didn't win the other day, but it was one of the best performances I've seen from England in a tournament for years. Who else is there? These are the current English managers in the Premier League:

Alan Pardew
Sam Allardyce
Steve Bruce
Eddie Howe
Sean Dyche
David Unsworth (caretaker)

Alan Pardew is probably the most qualified for the job in terms of doing a decent job most places he's been and not playing terrible football. Put personally, I think Eddie Howe has a pretty impressive resume, and it will be interested to see if he can build on Bournemouth's survival this year. This is a bloke that took over them in the relegation zone of League 2 and brought them all the way to the Premier League and survived. He's still only 38, so it would be good to see a talented young coach with some fresh ideas be given a chance. No chance though.

Obviously the other option is to go the Maradona/Klinsmann/Bilic route and appoint a legendary ex player who can inspire the team. Gazza for manager, anyone?

It's pretty slim pickings tbh. I don't have a massive problem with Hodgson. Perhaps having one manager who can spend a number of years creating a style of play where all the players know what is expected will be a good thing. We didn't win the other day, but it was one of the best performances I've seen from England in a tournament for years. Who else is there? These are the current English managers in the Premier League:

Alan Pardew
Sam Allardyce
Steve Bruce
Eddie Howe
Sean Dyche
David Unsworth (caretaker)

Alan Pardew is probably the most qualified for the job in terms of doing a decent job most places he's been and not playing terrible football. Put personally, I think Eddie Howe has a pretty impressive resume, and it will be interested to see if he can build on Bournemouth's survival this year. This is a bloke that took over them in the relegation zone of League 2 and brought them all the way to the Premier League and survived. He's still only 38, so it would be good to see a talented young coach with some fresh ideas be given a chance. No chance though.

Obviously the other option is to go the Maradona/Klinsmann/Bilic route and appoint a legendary ex player who can inspire the team. Gazza for manager, anyone?
It went really well for the pissed up waste of skin at Kettering Town after all

Fat Sam or Pardew will get the gig when we lose / don't get out of the group.

I'd try Eddie Howe on a long, long contract and give him complete control.

I'd already been lukewarm towards England for several years but after the last World Cup I gave up on the national side altogether. Hodgson's a buffoon but frankly I no longer give a shit. I haven't watched any of the Euros and feel much better for it. Roll on next season.

It'll be ratboy Neville won't it. The English media are desperate for him to succeed at managerial level so I'd imagine he'll...don't like the idea of foreigners taking charge of England position but I'd have Arsene Wenger in there for a couple of years - Eddie Howe to take over after that as he's not quite ready yet.

I'll give Hodgson the benefit of the doubt for once, his first 11 was good and we played well. His mistake was to take Rooney off but to be honest we conceded because Milner rushed out and failed to prevent the ball being delivered but these things happen and we should have taken our chances. I think Alli for Wilshere would have been a smarter sub and Vardy for Kane late on just to provide an outball - I thought Kane was pretty poor so shouldn't have stayed on.

It's a similar issue with Hodgson as we had with Pellegrini - I don't think he manages during the game particularly well and he'll always be far too negative. He was worried about conceding against Russia and for some reason put on Wilshere for Rooney despite wanting England to see out the game with more control... it's stupid mistakes like that which will prevent the team doing as well as it can - it's a young exciting team and it needs to be solely focussed on winning games. Either way, the Welsh game will be a huge test - if we don't batter them then Roy needs to get sacked.

Longer term a manager like Eddie Howe would be fantastic in my opinion, I think he's an excellent young manager who knows how to get the best out of players but it's quite a different level to what he's used to at an over performing and quite low budget side like Bournemouth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.