If not Hodgson, who?

KentBlue

This must surely be the last tournament that he's in charge of - for the love of Jesus, please let it be his last. But who next? And why don't we have a massive shake-up at the very top, get rid of the aged stiffs in charge and bring in some fresh blood with some new ideas?
We haven't had a decent man in charge since Bobby Robson. All we've had since have been yes men who will pick the players they are told to pick in order to satisfy the money men. Remember when Beckham, way past his best, was still the first name on the team sheet? And now the same is happening (and has been happening for a long time) with Shrek. Admittedly he wasn't as bad as I thought he'd be last night, but that still doesn't justify his inclusion - not by a bloody long way.

Hodgson is a footballing irrelevance: a throwback to the days of grainy black and white images on the screen, of Sir Stanley Mathews and Bovril. His style of football is as outdated as a pair of fucking winkle pickers. And yet he's in charge of our national team. He's the one charged with getting the best out of the young talent we have coming through the ranks.
We all of us as football fans can be biased in the extreme, bearing grudges against players based solely on the club side they represent (be that Arse, Spuds, Dippers, Chavs, and those bastard un-mentionables), but I believe the Spuds contingent did well last night, not Kane's best performance in an England shirt, certainly not. But overall the future is looking pretty good for us, and if we had a younger, hungrier man in charge, full of fresh and exciting ideas, ready to oust the deadwood for the benefit of the team, then I'd be a lot more enthusiastic about the long term prospects of my national team. But who is the man to take us forward? Eddie Howe, Alan Pardew?
Should we go home grown or foreign?
Or will the powers-that-be go for Fat Sam, Tony (God forbid) Pulis, Moyes?

One things for certain, failure to do well in this tournament means heads will roll. Which is maybe not a bad thing.

Don't care as long as any city players are not trained to hard or injured. International football is a pain in the arse.

How about sticking with the bloke that looks like a middle aged lesbian theme and giving Wenger a go?

Last edited:
Ready to answer the call.

JS53842850.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.