If not Hughes.........Then Who???

*** NEW MANAGER? *** (from my earlier post on similar titled subject)

Considering we can afford the money to get anyone we want, including giving them the transfer budget to do whatever they wanted, I would target one of two poeple in an ideal world:

Johan Cruyff or Frank Rijkaard; both from the Dutch 'Michels' influence of total football.

My reasoning is thus - both favour attacking mobile football, and Cruyff would be my number one target, as he especially has the tactical know-how, experience, and football savvy to build a team and play a style of football with the kind of fluidity that could truly make our football salivating. He was afterall the most successful manager Barcelona ever had.

I wouldn't be after Mourinho because of the style of football he pursues, and why should we settle? Not that he isn't a master manager and capable of building winning teams, but look at the bigger picture... what we have at City now is an opportunity to create something special, and I would be more ambitious and try to get 'Mr Total Football' out of his sworn retirement. In an ideal world, he would be my first pick, with Rijkaard (who should be available at the moment) behind him.

IF we were to replace Hughes, I think it would have to be with someone like one of the above.

Can you imagine what a team in the mould of Cruyff's vision would be like? Now that would be an exciting prospect, and something worth paying to see!

MCFCinUSA said:
*** NEW MANAGER? *** (from my earlier post on similar titled subject)

Considering we can afford the money to get anyone we want, including giving them the transfer budget to do whatever they wanted, I would target one of two poeple in an ideal world:

Johan Cruyff or Frank Rijkaard; both from the Dutch 'Michels' influence of total football.

My reasoning is thus - both favour attacking mobile football, and Cruyff would be my number one target, as he especially has the tactical know-how, experience, and football savvy to build a team and play a style of football with the kind of fluidity that could truly make our football salivating. He was afterall the most successful manager Barcelona ever had.

I wouldn't be after Mourinho because of the style of football he pursues, and why should we settle? Not that he isn't a master manager and capable of building winning teams, but look at the bigger picture... what we have at City now is an opportunity to create something special, and I would be more ambitious and try to get 'Mr Total Football' out of his sworn retirement. In an ideal world, he would be my first pick, with Rijkaard (who should be available at the moment) behind him.

IF we were to replace Hughes, I think it would have to be with someone like one of the above.

Can you imagine what a team in the mould of Cruyff's vision would be like? Now that would be an exciting prospect, and something worth paying to see!

Johan Cruyff is 61 years old and hasn't been a football manager for over ten years. He has never managed in England and has a reputation for falling out with people he has to work with.

Hardly a manager who we could build a future with!

[quote="withingtonmcfc
Code:
"

Johan Cruyff is 61 years old and hasn't been a football manager for over ten years. He has never managed in England and has a reputation for falling out with people he has to work with.

Hardly a manager who we could build a future with![/quote]

I don't understand your objections to his age, - but you have a good point about his temperment, and the Dutch couldn't get him to take over their national team; genius likes its own company!   Perhaps he has mellowed in recent years.

In his defence he's pretty much been a two-team man, Ajax and Barca, which might explain why he's never managed in the UK, like Mourinho before he came to Chelsea. 

No one is perfect, but purely in respect to his style of football and his footballing brain, I do not think there is anyone better.   His record at Barcelona speaks for itself.   

The job at City is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and pretty much without equal considering the current state of affairs in most clubs.   For this reason someone with vision like Cruyff would be my choice, if he could be persuaded, and I wouldn't be afraid to give him the job.

Why not get Mark Hughes with Paul Ince and Roy Keane + Steve Bruce that way we will go down and then we can really all start jumping off cliffs!!!

No seriously I think we should get Jose/Big Phil and break the bank

No english manager is good enough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.