If only Sunderland had binned Elephant man sooner

Yep look what happens when you have a quality manager in charge instead of a jobsworth elephant man!

We should have won against Sunderland, even O'Neill knows this.

However, he is an exceptional manager, maybe the best tactician out there.
It would be really interesting to see what he could do with a quality squad.

It was terrible going to the SOL for the majority of 2011, you could barely class the drivel served up on most occasions as football, for the majority of the time you felt as if they were to pick 11 lads out of the crowd, they'd probably do a better job than what Bruce's sides were, well they'd at least show more heart.

Bruce is completely clueless as a motivator and a tactician and so is in no means qualified to be a top flight manager, it remains to be seen if he's capable of managing consistently at any level actually.

The one thing he did do for us was bring in some decent players, obviously no-one that'd interest the likes of City but to look at our squad now and compare it to what it was when he came, it's improved by a vast amount.

And their reaction to O'Neill has been amazing. There wont be many SAFC fans out there who haven't wanted MON at our club for years, what with the rumours of him being a Sunderland fan as a boy, which he confirmed upon his arrival, so to have the players react to his appointment in the way which they have is great. There are exciting times ahead of us I feel, to say I've enjoyed the last half a dozen games more than all of the others in 2011 put together is a huge understatement.

Commiserations for the result on Sunday, it's easy to say you should have won it with all of your possession but when you look at the most clear cut chances of the game, they fell to us I'd say, in Bendtner, Sess and Ji, thankfully Ji took his. I've heard a lot of City fans saying we were negative, as in defensively, but let me ask you, bearing in mind our comparative squads, if the boot was on the other foot, how would you have liked to see your team play?

We were excellent I thought, bearing in mind we had 2 midfielder's playing in defence for the first time, a CB who'd prior to that game played his last football on loan in the Championship, and another midfielder making his full debut for the club since moving from the League of Ireland.

PhenoMONal. 8-)

black-cat said:
It was terrible going to the SOL for the majority of 2011, you could barely class the drivel served up on most occasions as football, for the majority of the time you felt as if they were to pick 11 lads out of the crowd, they'd probably do a better job than what Bruce's sides were, well they'd at least show more heart.

Bruce is completely clueless as a motivator and a tactician and so is in no means qualified to be a top flight manager, it remains to be seen if he's capable of managing consistently at any level actually.

The one thing he did do for us was bring in some decent players, obviously no-one that'd interest the likes of City but to look at our squad now and compare it to what it was when he came, it's improved by a vast amount.

And their reaction to O'Neill has been amazing. There wont be many SAFC fans out there who haven't wanted MON at our club for years, what with the rumours of him being a Sunderland fan as a boy, which he confirmed upon his arrival, so to have the players react to his appointment in the way which they have is great. There are exciting times ahead of us I feel, to say I've enjoyed the last half a dozen games more than all of the others in 2011 put together is a huge understatement.

Commiserations for the result on Sunday, it's easy to say you should have won it with all of your possession but when you look at the most clear cut chances of the game, they fell to us I'd say, in Bendtner, Sess and Ji, thankfully Ji took his. I've heard a lot of City fans saying we were negative, as in defensively, but let me ask you, bearing in mind our comparative squads, if the boot was on the other foot, how would you have liked to see your team play?

We were excellent I thought, bearing in mind we had 2 midfielder's playing in defence for the first time, a CB who'd prior to that game played his last football on loan in the Championship, and another midfielder making his full debut for the club since moving from the League of Ireland.

PhenoMONal. 8-)

Got no problems with all that.

I have a soft spot for Sunderland, if I didn't support city it would probably be them. I also am a huge fan of MON. He was class at Celtic and I hope he does really well at suderland. I was fuming about the result on sunday, aside from against us. Good luck

black-cat said:

PhenoMONal. 8-)
Absolutely. However, he guarantees Slur Alex Fermentedson 6 points every year so no doubt the overlord will ensure he gets given another job somewhere.

Matt the Giant said:
We should have won against Sunderland, even O'Neill knows this.

However, he is an exceptional manager, maybe the best tactician out there.
It would be really interesting to see what he could do with a quality squad.
I believe it was 11th, 6th, 6th and 6th

black-cat said:

PhenoMONal. 8-)

How about the legacy that he's left behind him some of the sh*te he signed such as Brown, O'Shea and near miss of Darron 'pile of sh*te Gibson' average players probably on big contracts. The sad thing is the parallels that can be drawn between you and us. We had Hughes who was clearly out of his depth should have gone at the end of his first season but was allowed to spend and bring in more dross into the club at over inflated prices .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.