If sven was still our manager

andy h said:
At this rate, he should beat Sven's total of 55 points. Is that good enough for the critics on here?

After 2 years and £200m plus simply beating Svens points tally is a pretty poor return.

I expect a significant improvement.

Challenger1978 said:
andy h said:
Disappointed today with yet another draw. However, a quick look at the comparisons of how many points we have gained after 13 games over the last four years:

06/07 = 16 points (finished up with 42 points)
07/08 = 26 points (finished up with 55 points)
08/09 = 14 points (finished up with 50 points)
09/10 = 22 points so far.........

Obviously the haul under Sven was good but there was the poor finish.
Statistically, one could argue that we have pushed on (by Hughes standard) in his second season. At this rate, he should beat Sven's total of 55 points. Is that good enough for the critics on here?

After spending £200+ million dam right we should beat Svens tally.

Sorry, my question at the end of my post was rhetorical and not a dig at the whole In/Out argument.
If Sven was still here, he would have spent just as much.
It is hugely disappointing to keep racking up these draws. I would much rather win three or four and lose the others as we would get more points as a result.
Probably by now, the players are starting to fall into the "confidence" trap. It is time for those alledgedly with the winning mentality to step up to the plate and stamp their authority on the situation. It would not hurt to get a lucky last winute win to instill some confidence into this lot. We certainly do lack the killer instinct that is that mark of great teams.
I can't see us getting a result against arsenal or chelsea.

andy h said:
Sorry, my question at the end of my post was rhetorical and not a dig at the whole In/Out argument.
If Sven was still here, he would have spent just as much.
It is hugely disappointing to keep racking up these draws. I would much rather win three or four and lose the others as we would get more points as a result.
Probably by now, the players are starting to fall into the "confidence" trap. It is time for those alledgedly with the winning mentality to step up to the plate and stamp their authority on the situation. It would not hurt to get a lucky last winute win to instill some confidence into this lot. We certainly do lack the killer instinct that is that mark of great teams.
I can't see us getting a result against arsenal or chelsea.

Neither can as i think arsenal are going to be out for revange and well up for it, also i've got a really bad feeling Chelsea are going to murder us 4 nill or somthing daft like that (god i hope i'm wrong).

anybody that thinks sven would be doing better needs there head testing,im sorry but as a great manager he lost it when he took the england job and never got it back.

tactically inept in todays game and it showed when the team got sussed and he did not have one clue in changeing his tactics and we got found out.

why is he stuck at notts county! please remind me?

leewill31 said:
anybody that thinks sven would be doing better needs there head testing,im sorry but as a great manager he lost it when he took the england job and never got it back.

tactically inept in todays game and it showed when the team got sussed and he did not have one clue in changeing his tactics and we got found out.

Did you read my post on this thread?

Explain how Sven made us a top 4 side in his first few months. Was that him being inept?

It is anyone that condemns Sven for the second half of his season with us who really needs their head examining. Sven was allowed no resources to change tactics and more than that his position was utterly undermined by Thaksin Shinawatra. No manager in history could have continued to succeed in those circumstances and people who just refuse to see that are just being stupid, deliberately or otherwise.

mammutly said:
leewill31 said:

Did you read my post on this thread?

Explain how Sven made us a top 4 side in his first few months. Was that him being inept?

It is anyone that condemns Sven for the second half of his season with us who really needs their head examining. Sven was allowed no resources to change tactics and more than that his position was utterly undermined by Thaksin Shinawatra. No manager in history could have continued to succeed in those circumstances and people who just refuse to see that are just being stupid, deliberately or otherwise.

this is my problem when ever you mention sven,change the record and look beyond the hate of one man.

sven is a lost man in todays game thats why he is were he is.

leewill31 said:
this is my problem when ever you mention sven,change the record and look beyond the hate of one man.

So didn't Wardel have to pay the players wages because frank was so skint ?.

Also didn't Danny Mills live on tele during a uefa cup match comfirm that city were so skint we were facing a fire sale ?.

leewill31 said:

You should look beyond the 'who' and see the 'what'

It wouldn't have mattered if Donald Duck had done the same thing Thaksin did. The manager's position would stiill have been totally undermined.

I'll ask you again. How, before the chairman pulled the plug on the whole project, did Sven make us into a top 4 side in just a few months?

Challenger1978 said:
leewill31 said:

So didn't Wardel have to pay the players wages because frank was so skint ?.

Also didn't Danny Mills live on tele during a uefa cup match comfirm that city were so skint we were facing a fire sale ?.

what has anything you just wrote got to do with what i just said?

we are talking about sven not bloody frank ffs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.