If the club is to progress....

il padrino

we need to A) stop buying Chelsea reserves for inflated fees, on huge wages. Bridge was never first choice at Chelsea; Mourinho played Gallas there in his first season, in his second signed Asier Del Horno, still favoured Gallas so that made Bridge 3rd choice, then Ashley Cole arrived in 2006, with Paolo Ferreira,rightback by trade, second choice.
Capello doesnt see him as worthy of the England squad; there's 2 world class coaches who clearly dont rate him
but Hughes decides to sign him for £10 million on £90k a week, and his performances have been shocking. i cannot remember him making one tackle, gives possesion away far too easily and cannot block a cross
Shaun Wright-Phillips is not good enough for where we wanna be; gives the ball away far too much an doesnt attack the fullback like he did in his last season with us. seems to think hes Frank Lampard these days.

B) get a coach who can instill some tactical discipline into the team; to concede 2 goals to a team like West Brom at home is not acceptable. Mark Hughes' footballing philosophy seems to resemble that of Kevin Keegan; attacking players sent out to try to outscore the opposition, without any real intentions of neutralising their threat. a 1-0 win is more creditable than a 4-2; youve scored and prevented the opposition from scoring. the fundamental aspects of football. another is keeping the ball; Sven made the keeper play it short last season,creating rhythm, whereas this season we seem to concede possesion playing careless, aimless high balls up to our tiny trio up top.

C) stop trying to buy unrealistic targets. its embarrassing Kaka turning us down when 6 months later he will be joining United for less money. the best players aint money orientated. they play for medals, not a bigger salary.the only ones you do get are the second rate ones with no pride, ambition, desire or capacity to win games when you need them to. you get Robinho.

il padrino, thats an excellent ,thought provoking post.

l have been thinking along similar lines.... but still think Robinho can be world class with the right players around him.

SWP is a tough one and a very emotive subject, l think in many ways he is too 'honest' and his diligence in getting back to defend has hampered his attacking threat.

Wright-Phillips didnt give a shit about City for three years, then once Chelsea wanted to ship him out and he didnt get a better offer he decided to come 'home'
can't wait for the day(and i dont think its too far away) we can turn around to him and tell him WE are too big for him.

Broadly, yep, you are spot on.

but

a: bridge isnt in the England squad for fitness reasons. and shauny looked a player reborn.... for the first month and a half, then lost confidence. happens to a lot of players whove joined us.

Bellamy, bridge and dejong, i can take or leave them.. Given, Kompany, Zabaleta are (shauny apart) the only hughes signings who've really fitted into the team and moved it on. and two of them, it has been said, were not initially his targets. good players dont always improve your team.

B: yep, I concur completely. today was amateur hour. tactics, what tactics. we have absolutely no gameplan except; play it early to a forward and watch him run at the defender. everyone runs wherever they like. I have a feeling that no-one is allowed to choose the natural pass in our team. It has to go forward, and quick. no wonder we are so bloody stretched, and the defenders under too much strain. watching everton play utd afterwards was like returning to an old friend.... real football, with passing through a midfield that had shape no matter where the ball was on the pitch. most of the passes were played and recieved easily, because the player wasnt closely marked or running at full pelt,l as always seems to be the case with us. the space was there to do it, because everyone knew where to be, and when.

speaking of which, I would dearly love some comforting, rational 1-0's. I cant admire the way we won today at all. It really does looks like we have absolutely NO defensive organisation, especially at free kicks. WBA's second goal made me physically queasy.

however I'm not sure that Sven was entirely succesful in getting Joe Hart to play it short all the time last year ;)

C: absolutely and completely agree. but robinho's welcome to stay.

Robihno WILL be world class for us. I dont think he has ever had to track back like he does for us in his entire career or face a more physical style of football as the English game. Marked by thugs who get away with booting him. I would love to see him relieved of left midfield duties next season and paired with a big, pacy, quality forward next season I think he will flourish.

ideally Mourinho would come in, bring Drogba, Essien, Grosso and Ribery

realistically id have Sven; with money to spend, the squad already improved from the team that finished 9th last season, and his tactical nous, charm and man management skills, he could establish us in the top 6, retiring 2 years down the line,once Jose has made history at Inter .
Lescott, Carew, Valencia would be realistic targets and would bring alot to the squad

1) how can you say that about bridge and then come out with that about shauny? you use the capello doesnt see him as good enough so he's not good enough but shauny goes straight back into the england set up as soon as he plays games for us!

2) i do agree with you on this! except id rather see games like today than 1-0's

3) maybe we should dial down the targets we have at the minute but not in the future! firstly, where d'you hear the kaka to rags story? (guessing probably the paper) so thats definite isnt it?! and robbie will show that he is world class!

Sven cant, and shouldnt be. our next manager. Classy guy, clever, good coaching staff, but doesnt have the hunger for a tough league and tricky club like ours. although, if all he had to do was finish 6th on an unlimited budget, he might think that sounded pretty easy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.