If the human race was wiped out....

crublue1

Got me thinking today as I sat in the back garden contemplating like you do.
If the human race was wiped out, how do you think the planet would react/ change etc.
This isn't a doom mongering thread, im not suggesting we're gonna get wiped out, just pure fantasy/ opinion etc. I know there are some intelligent people on here and I would like to hear what people think.
I just thought it would give us something else to think about other than the usual stuff.
The forests obviously would grow back vigorously, trees are bloody good at self seeding. Who would be top of the food chain? How would oxygen levels etc change?
I know we do a lot of damage but we also do a lot of good, conservation, trying to keep rare species alive etc.
Mods if you think this is a shite idea (and I'm not even sure myself) please delete.
Stay safe

We’re a virus. The Earth would thrive without us.
Thrive, yes, but would it have a point?.it would just amble along I guess. A bit deep and I'm not disagreeing, I suppose I'm looking at it from a selfish human point of view. I actually take some comfort in thinking the planet would be ok without us.
Like we didn't totally fuck it up, we had the decency to wipe each other out so it could survive.

The earth has already shown what it thinks,it is able to breathe without the pollution
Hi kaz, I think I'm seeing a change already in the wildlife where I live, I'm sure I'm not imagining it.
I'm seeing loads more birds of prey hovering over fields where I've rarely seen them before. I can't bloody move in my back garden for squirrels when I only usually see one or two.
A massive owl nearly flew into my car late one night last week, I've never seen that before.
The roads round my way are littered with roadkill, badgers, pheasants etc.
It's deffo made a difference

Thrive, yes, but would it have a point?.it would just amble along I guess. A bit deep and I'm not disagreeing, I suppose I'm looking at it from a selfish human point of view. I actually take some comfort in thinking the planet would be ok without us.
Like we didn't totally fuck it up, we had the decency to wipe each other out so it could survive.
Amble along? Yes the trees in the rainforests would continue to grow without being chopped down for furniture/farmland and animals would be free to roam in their habitats safe in the knowledge we wouldn’t be destroying it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.