If the human race was wiped out....

Got me thinking today as I sat in the back garden contemplating like you do.
If the human race was wiped out, how do you think the planet would react/ change etc.
This isn't a doom mongering thread, im not suggesting we're gonna get wiped out, just pure fantasy/ opinion etc. I know there are some intelligent people on here and I would like to hear what people think.
I just thought it would give us something else to think about other than the usual stuff.
The forests obviously would grow back vigorously, trees are bloody good at self seeding. Who would be top of the food chain? How would oxygen levels etc change?
I know we do a lot of damage but we also do a lot of good, conservation, trying to keep rare species alive etc.
Mods if you think this is a shite idea (and I'm not even sure myself) please delete.
Stay safe

You've answered your own question there.

I believe that billions of years ago the planet was ruled by a race of chocolate bars far in advance of humans.

that's utter bollox, first off the earth was hotter then and they would have melted, and secondly, had they somehow survived that, the civilisation would have collapsed due to the cannibalistic tendencies of the females of the species

We were at the point of no return not long ago, we were killing the planet with our ways, not giving a shit about it and most thinking it could go on for ever
Then along came CV19 and all of a sudden we are not polluting as much we are not marching around in our millions, we are stuck at home and nature all of a sudden begins to flourish a little, cleaner air, animals coming back to natural habitats, even fucking Pandas are having sex in captivity which was a non starter before
If anything this virus has made me more aware thag we need to look at changing the way we do things, there should be no petrol driven cars anymore for a start, plastic should be fucked off, air travel another thing looked at etc etc
This virus could have a positive outcome come the end of it after all as it might just have tipped the balance enough for us to take stock and possibly leave something for future generations, which we were told was not going to happen unless we acted and acted now, could CV19 be the thing that maybe just maybe redresses some of the imbalance

We were at the point of no return not long ago, we were killing the planet with our ways, not giving a shit about it and most thinking it could go on for ever
Then along came CV19 and all of a sudden we are not polluting as much we are not marching around in our millions, we are stuck at home and nature all of a sudden begins to flourish a little, cleaner air, animals coming back to natural habitats, even fucking Pandas are having sex in captivity which was a non starter before
If anything this virus has made me more aware thag we need to look at changing the way we do things, there should be no petrol driven cars anymore for a start, plastic should be fucked off, air travel another thing looked at etc etc
This virus could have a positive outcome come the end of it after all as it might just have tipped the balance enough for us to take stock and possibly leave something for future generations, which we were told was not going to happen unless we acted and acted now, could CV19 be the thing that maybe just maybe redresses some of the imbalance
As much as I agree with every word, it’s just not going to happen, unfortunately, and is just going to get worse than before.

By the time this is all over there could be 100m more people on the planet than there were before the virus came along so there’s going to be 100m more carbon footprints.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.