If the Pogba rumours are true...

If PSG get Pogba , then they may have a midfield duo of Verratti and Pogba !! Thats too much of youth talent !!

With FFP constraints , it will be clever not to get into a bidding war i believe .

We should look to buy smart ...We need a big overhaul and financial restrictions are there ( specifically targetting us :( ) ..

I wud prefer Morgan Schneiderlin if he is available for abt 20 mil or less ..

Have we been at any time interested in signing him, apart from when he left United?

I have only seen press speculation, never anything from any club employees

The club has had been planning for a couple of season on life without Yaya, No doubts Pogba is an quality but the club has had trouble with his agent in the past so more than likely avoid signing him. Lets see who they are going to come up with as an alternative.

In Pellegrini's previously successful sides he played the 442/4222 with two proper defensive midfielders, not unlike how Southampton are set up with Wanyama/Schneiderlin. So I do not think he actually wants a like for like replacement for Yaya, who, even last season often left us exposed at the back when he was going forwards.

What I think he'll go for is a midfielder with the passing range to link the attack & defence, but who won't necessarily be making rampaging runs into the final third and who will be just as keen on defending. That would give us more solidity in European games as well if he continues with the 442.

Schneiderlin, Kondogbia, Witsel, Nainggolan.

Players who can pass well, and score goals, but whose first instinct is to sit further back and will make sure the defence is not exposed.

Whoever we get to replace Yaya though, we need to also buy an understudy. It's clear from the time we were without him this season that we don't have a viable option for when Yaya is missing - and if we simply replace Yaya with another single player, we'll still be over reliant on 1 player and are going to be shafted if they get injured for a long time. Maybe Zuculini could be that player, but from how his loan seems to be going, I doubt it.

Carstairs said:
Fuck Pogba off, he's over-rated anyway. City have to make a take-it-or-leave-it offer to Villa for Tom Cleverly. £45m should do the trick.

Hes out of contract in the summer hes only on loan at Villa!

Considering the sheer number of clubs who are in for him, I dont think Juventus will have signed off on this yet.

They may have set their minimum fee which PSG have agreed to meet, but it would be naive to agree this early on without forcing a bidding war from other potential suitors.

Unless of course PSG have offered first refusal on players....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.