If the world was created by a Big Bang?

There is an alternative theory. Don’t quote me on this as it’s just a theory and I haven’t the capacity to explain the detail in full.

The Big Bang was God having a fart.
The unholy stench that was left behind meant he isn’t facing up to the fact it came out of him.
A bit like us coming out of the cubicle and saying, I’d give it half an hour mate.

What went on before?
Well who can get into the mind of God. Perhaps he had the equivalent of a dodgy kebab in astral terms and the result was something he has disowned.

I reckon the stench is coming from us and he’ll wait until we die out before dealing with things.

Just a theory. I’m afraid I can’t prove it.

There is an alternative theory. Don’t quote me on this as it’s just a theory and I haven’t the capacity to explain the detail in full.
The Big Bang was God having a fart.
The unholy stench that was left behind meant he isn’t facing up to the fact it came out of him.
A bit like us coming out of the cubicle and saying, I’d give it half an hour mate.
What went on before?
Well who can get into the mind of God. Perhaps he had the equivalent of a dodgy kebab in astral terms and the result was something he has disowned.
I reckon the stench is coming from us and he’ll wait until we die out before dealing with things.
Just a theory. I’m afraid I can’t prove it.
I think you're an to something here. When all the con men, sorry, religious leaders, tell us god knows everything, perhaps they mean god nose everything and and he's just sniffing to see if his ginormous fart has dissipated.

Lol, Fermi's paradox is 'Maths says that the universe should be teeming with life - so where is everyone?'.

The scientific response to that answer is that there must be a 'great filter'. Essentially, there's something stopping advanced life in the universe from progressing to a point where that particular civilisation becomes interstellar or even multi-planet. The three potential options are:

1 - The great filter is before us.

It's just incredibly, incredibly rare that life exists elsewhere (more like a 0.00000000000000000000000001% chance of live emerging and then evolving into something similar to Earth). Maybe life on Earth was formed by an asteroid colliding into us that left life-bearing material behind - and these particular asteroids are incredibly uncommon and require incredibly specific parameters to be effective in producing life.

2 - The great filter is ahead of us. (this is the theory I think is most likely to be accurate - which is quite depressing)

It's fairly common for life to reach human-level intelligence. But the vast majority of civilisations are wiped out before reaching interstellar travel. An example could be that it takes millions of years to reach interstellar travel, but cataclysmic events (asteroids, star expansion, supernovas, radiation - and tons of other things that could destroy civilisations) happen way more frequently, so these civilisations don't tend to reach interstellar space travel in time. Or perhaps the first civilisation is in complete control of the universe, and once a civilisation passes a landmark (speed of light tech developed) they swoop in a destroy them to prevent them from becoming a threat.

3 - There is no great filter, but there is some other, strange reason for the absence of alien civilisation evidence. For example:

a - It's physically impossible for anything other than light to travel at the speed of light.
b - The Earth is in an incredibly remote part of Space that no one has bothered to visit or colonise.
c - Alien civilisations are well aware of us, and we reside within a 'nature reserve' in space where they purposefully don't interact with primitive civilisations (that's very egotistical thought, they probably just simply don't care about us we aren't uncommon and can offer nothing to them).
d - Ant Colony Theory - Space is covered in evidence of life, but we simply don't/can't understand it, much like an ant-colony don't understand they're living under a human-made motorway.

Sorry for the long post - I just find it really, strangely interesting haha.
You have to factor in time. We have only been able to send radio waves for 120 years, so anything farther than 60 light years away we won't have got a reply from yet. Anything farther than 120 light years away, haven't heard us yet.
The greater the distance, the longer a civilisation has to exist with the technology to send and receive signals in order for a reply to be interpreted. Our galaxy is 50,000 light years across, so we need to be around for the next 100,000 years to be sure we're "alone".

You have to factor in time. We have only been able to send radio waves for 120 years, so anything farther than 60 light years away we won't have got a reply from yet. Anything farther than 120 light years away, haven't heard us yet.
The greater the distance, the longer a civilisation has to exist with the technology to send and receive signals in order for a reply to be interpreted. Our galaxy is 50,000 light years across, so we need to be around for the next 100,000 years to be sure we're "alone".
No we don’t.
We haven’t heard a dickybird from anywhere.
Are we the only planet leaking radio signals?

There may be far more variables that act against life evolving.
For instance we now know that without earth’s magnetic field diverting solar particles our atmosphere would have gone the way of Mars.
Or the universe is actually the 95% of stuff we cannot detect, teeming with life, and the matter universe we are part of is an aberration.
Or there is loads of intelligent life out there. It only needs to be a couple of centuries ahead of us to be communicating in ways we cannot comprehend.
Or we are the first.
Or we are the last.
Or at some point in evolution the cost in resources, energy and time to continue exploring become to great and species just give up.

Interesting theories and incredible difficult to comprehend there’s ‘stuff’ around us we don’t bump into,
Same with all the other dimensions we may be living within (up to ten?) but completely oblivious too.

The fact that every one of those trillions of galaxies and stars and (and mountains on planets) were all contained within a point trillions times smaller (but containing the same energy) than an atom is breathtaking.

If you want a real mindfuck there are theories that the universe is a hologram and that existence as we know it is a projection of some 2D quantum shit.

Our galaxy is actually double that distance across mate but I agree with everything else you have said ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.