If this is how the club treat loyal supporters...

Skashion said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
A lad near me at the Blackpool game kept shouting 'should have gone to specsavers'. This was cringe worthy enough but his mates thought it was the wittiest thing ever which just made me ingest my balls even more violently.

I'd much rather someone shout 'ref, you fucking **** fucking twat dick' than something twee and bent like 'should have gone to specsavers'.

I'm waiting for someone to reference 'Go compare' and that's it, I'm done with football.
Stop sitting in the family stand then. Simples... In good old 109 things are much better. Usually there's someone fat or who resembles a B-list celebrity to mock in the away section.

I don't sit there by choice. Get my tickets through a mate of a mate, usually East Stand but every so often it's the north.

Pfft I was sitting in the singing corner before it was the singing the corner, that's just how I was rolling back then before I got down with the kids. No one ever shot free t shirts at me in the East stand so fuck them.

been going since the early 70s, swearing , singing, cheering, booing & generally letting off steam, its what Footballs all about IMO, been chucked out twice in my time,

tonight i will be watching the game in my local & there will be singing, cheering, booing & generally letting off steam as usual & dont expect anyone will complain or that anyone will be thrown out

please do not let the game become to sanitised

to complain about swearing at Football is like going to Strip Club & complaining about nudity, you know before you go in what to expect

avoidconfusion said:
BrianW said:
I can just imagine what it's going to be like in a few years:

'I say, Tevez, what an absolutely sublime shot!'
'Quite, Cedric, but I think you ought also to give due credit to the splendid ball from Silva that contributed to the attempt.'
'Oh, I say, referee. If it is your considered decision that it was offside, I am forced to conclude that you are guilty of the sin of Onan.'
'Play up City! Ra, ra, ra!'

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

that's the Emirates tonight.

avoidconfusion said:
BrianW said:
I can just imagine what it's going to be like in a few years:

'I say, Tevez, what an absolutely sublime shot!'
'Quite, Cedric, but I think you ought also to give due credit to the splendid ball from Silva that contributed to the attempt.'
'Oh, I say, referee. If it is your considered decision that it was offside, I am forced to conclude that you are guilty of the sin of Onan.'
'Play up City! Ra, ra, ra!'

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Fook me - takes me back to Walsall in the old 2nd when some WPC told me off for swearing and I came up with something not dissimilar - she pissed herself laughing - now you´d get hauled in front of the beak next day

The thing is, people who don't mind swearing don't complain that others aren't swearing...and can't complain that they aren't allowed to swear. So all it takes is a few knob heads to start complaining and swearing is seen as an issue, people swearing are targeted as offenders and it's the many who are punished in favour of the few.

The few, are the types that demand football be an experience more suited to their tastes rather than the culture traditionally assoicated with going to the football.

An inspector type person came onto the factory floor where I work yesterday and commented about the language of me and another worker. She found it appauling. But that's the culture on the factory floor. We do a shit job, we work hard, we do long hours and we get paid fuck all. It is our right to swear if we want too. This happens at football...people have the right to swear, it's part of the terrace culture. But then you get someone, like the women at work, who comes in and doesn't like it. It is wrong for the powers that be to then make attempts at appeasing them at the expense of traditional terrace cultre.

bluemoonmcfc said:
The thing is, people who don't mind swearing don't complain that others aren't swearing...and can't complain that they aren't allowed to swear. So all it takes is a few knob heads to start complaining and swearing is seen as an issue, people swearing are targeted as offenders and it's the many who are punished in favour of the few.

The few, are the types that demand football be an experience more suited to their tastes rather than the culture traditionally assoicated with going to the football.

An inspector type person came onto the factory floor where I work yesterday and commented about the language of me and another worker. She found it appauling. But that's the culture on the factory floor. We do a shit job, we work hard, we do long hours and we get paid fuck all. It is our right to swear if we want too. This happens at football...people have the right to swear, it's part of the terrace culture. But then you get someone, like the women at work, who comes in and doesn't like it. It is wrong for the powers that be to then make attempts at appeasing them at the expense of traditional terrace cultre.

good post

I've been going to watch MCFC from the late 60s and to be fair I am entering a mans world and what men get upto and say is their business, as a woman I know what to expect if I didn't want to listen to it I wouldn't go, I have no problems with what is said and done as long as it is not said directly to me.

Apart from anything else it is part of the atmosphere and that is how football has been since the beginning.

Family stand is a different thing.

fat boy blue said:
to complain about swearing at Football is like going to Strip Club & complaining about nudity, you know before you go in what to expect

Er, no. Going to a Strip Club & complaining about nudity is like going to a football match and complaining that they're playing football... (Out of ignorance, is swearing generally allowed in strip clubs?)

bluelady47 said:
Apart from anything else it is part of the atmosphere and that is how football has been since the beginning.

That's just not true. It's just become more common in the last 50 years. When the Kippax sang about Tommy Booth, "he's here, he's there, he's every f...ing where" Tommy himself said he didn't like it, and we sang "he's here, he's there, we're not allowed to swear - Tommy Booth, Tommy Booth". There just wasn't the same universal use of obscenity in grounds, in streets, in school, so let's not pretend this is somehow "a right", or essential to the atmosphere, or any other excuse for this mild version of Tourette's...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.