If this is how the club treat loyal supporters...

urbanblue67 said:
supergrover said:
you sound like the very prick i'm talking about, you got your high vis on now at home?
lol ;-)

For the record, I'm no 'do-gooder' I have been goimg to City for over 20 years and stood in the top right corner of the Kippax for many years as a teenager.

However, I fully support the club in trying to weed out trouble causers and those who ruin the experience of going to a game for others.

Snitches, grasses, call them what you will, these people have obviously reported behaviour that they find objectionable and they have rightly reported this to the stewards (why should people have to put up with unacceptable behaviour) This is then corrobarated completely independently by the stewards (as I suspected and reported above) and then said 'idiot' is thrown out and seasoncard confiscated. Of course if the stewards think this is just some sanctimonious busy body who shouldn't be at afootball match then clearly they will take no action against the person who has been reported.

I can't comment on 'Irelands' case except to say that I find it highly unlikely he has had his seasoncard confiscated for a few incidents of swearing. With respect he's hardly going to come on here saying I was abusing the players and threatening women and children (and for the record I'm not suggesting that is what he has done)

If it genuinely is the case that he has been thrown out and s/c confiscated for a few incidents of swearing - which I personally doubt - then I genuinely feel sorry for the guy and he should take it up with the club, but no one on here can genuinely stick up for someone when they have no idea what has actually gone on.

I find it a very sorry state of affairs that so many blues on here have no respect for other people except for themselves and that just cos your at the football you can behave however the hell you like with no consideration for others.

I sing and shout and scream more than most but I guarantee I never feel the need to let my behaviour adversely effect my fellow fan. If that makes me a tw*t or whatever else I've been called on here then what a sorry state of affairs.

Swearing is certainly not the worse crime around. I think in these sort of cases they should have "booked" you and if you are caught again in the season then perhaps have taken it further. Realistically, with the number of children around the ground, many parents would not want their kids within earshot of bad language. But if it happened as you have stated then I think you have been harshly treated.

Blue Mooner said:
urbanblue67 said:

For the record, I'm no 'do-gooder' I have been goimg to City for over 20 years and stood in the top right corner of the Kippax for many years as a teenager.

However, I fully support the club in trying to weed out trouble causers and those who ruin the experience of going to a game for others.

Snitches, grasses, call them what you will, these people have obviously reported behaviour that they find objectionable and they have rightly reported this to the stewards (why should people have to put up with unacceptable behaviour) This is then corrobarated completely independently by the stewards (as I suspected and reported above) and then said 'idiot' is thrown out and seasoncard confiscated. Of course if the stewards think this is just some sanctimonious busy body who shouldn't be at afootball match then clearly they will take no action against the person who has been reported.

I can't comment on 'Irelands' case except to say that I find it highly unlikely he has had his seasoncard confiscated for a few incidents of swearing. With respect he's hardly going to come on here saying I was abusing the players and threatening women and children (and for the record I'm not suggesting that is what he has done)

If it genuinely is the case that he has been thrown out and s/c confiscated for a few incidents of swearing - which I personally doubt - then I genuinely feel sorry for the guy and he should take it up with the club, but no one on here can genuinely stick up for someone when they have no idea what has actually gone on.

I find it a very sorry state of affairs that so many blues on here have no respect for other people except for themselves and that just cos your at the football you can behave however the hell you like with no consideration for others.

I sing and shout and scream more than most but I guarantee I never feel the need to let my behaviour adversely effect my fellow fan. If that makes me a tw*t or whatever else I've been called on here then what a sorry state of affairs.

I think you are dead right in all of this. In any case, the OP is resolving this with the club and I'm sure he'll get a fair hearing.

Palerider said:
Swearing is certainly not the worse crime around. I think in these sort of cases they should have "booked" you and if you are caught again in the season then perhaps have taken it further. Realistically, with the number of children around the ground, many parents would not want their kids within earshot of bad language. But if it happened as you have stated then I think you have been harshly treated.

But surely if parents don't want their children to hear swearing they should be in the Family Stand. There are odd cup games when children are in 201 where I sit (normally all adults) and the majority of people there do tone their language down BUT why should they have to?

Ireland_for_pm said:
At the Blackpool game 60 minutes into the match i was dragged out of my seats by the stewards and took onto the concourse where i found myself with 2 women staff and about 6 stewards. They told me they have had a comlaint from someone around me about my swearing. This was so wrong as I think i only swore a few times in the game and it was to myself very quietly, not standing up screaming it. Just so i could go back to watching the match i told them i admitted to swearing quietly to myself and i apoligize to anyone i may have offended. They told me through the clubs policy that i had to be removed from me the ground and they took my season ticket off me. I went down some stairs and was shown the door and i told them to come up with me now and i will point out every person who has swore around me and lets get them removed. Even my dad left his seat to see what was going on and admitted to them he had swore more than me in the game. Ive now lost my season ticket and they did not give me a say and i couldnt defend myself. The club is a joke and will not be supporting them again until they sort this out. I go home and away and have had a season ticket since we was in division 2 at maine road and have been every game since then. Does anyone else agree that this is a joke or have i gone off the rails?
you won't get banned mate, you'll probabley just have to write a letter to fletcher saying "sorry"

Bluebird1 said:
Palerider said:

But surely if parents don't want their children to hear swearing they should be in the Family Stand. There are odd cup games when children are in 201 where I sit (normally all adults) and the majority of people there do tone their language down BUT why should they have to?

i sit block 139 family stand with my son(12).
the swearing in the family stand is no different to anywhere else in the ground..
swearing is commonly used at ALL football grounds,it is something that will never be stamped out..i'm not complaining,its just my thoughts.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
After a lengthy phone conversation I have received the following which I am able to post on here.

The match day stewarding and security operation includes targeted activity to identify and eject supporters who are seen smoking in the concourse toilets where we have two or more reports of smoking confirmed by undercover security staff. This is cited as a major issue for a large number of supporters, hence the focus. Between 15 – 20 supporters are ejected every match day, all of whom receive a three match ban. We are currently considering other alternative solutions to alleviate this on-going issue. As this is a legislative matter, any changes will need to take account of the applicable law in relation to smoking in venues. Supporters will be consulted on any proposed changes."

The Spirals are NOT part of the "legislative matter" and all that would be required to take account of the "applicable law" would be to have pens at selected areas for those on level one to go into duqing half time then the problem of smoking in the bogs would not be a problem anymore, meaning less work for the undercover squad, less problems for the stewards and a happier "matchday experience" for both smokers and non smokers.
(& dont tell me that the council wouldnt allow it when our owner is personally regenerating large swathes of East Manchester that will bring the council millions over the years instead of costing it millions).

never seen fergie or rooney etc removed for swearin yet or any other player from anywhere??????????? double standards ????? or maybe just the pc brigade gone mad :(

stu the blue 85 said:
Ireland_for_pm said:
At the Blackpool game 60 minutes into the match i was dragged out of my seats by the stewards and took onto the concourse where i found myself with 2 women staff and about 6 stewards. They told me they have had a comlaint from someone around me about my swearing. This was so wrong as I think i only swore a few times in the game and it was to myself very quietly, not standing up screaming it. Just so i could go back to watching the match i told them i admitted to swearing quietly to myself and i apoligize to anyone i may have offended. They told me through the clubs policy that i had to be removed from me the ground and they took my season ticket off me. I went down some stairs and was shown the door and i told them to come up with me now and i will point out every person who has swore around me and lets get them removed. Even my dad left his seat to see what was going on and admitted to them he had swore more than me in the game. Ive now lost my season ticket and they did not give me a say and i couldnt defend myself. The club is a joke and will not be supporting them again until they sort this out. I go home and away and have had a season ticket since we was in division 2 at maine road and have been every game since then. Does anyone else agree that this is a joke or have i gone off the rails?
you won't get banned mate, you'll probabley just have to write a letter to fletcher saying "sorry"

i got a 3 match ban for smoking(i know its different to swearing).
fact is i was'nt.i got a beer at half time,needed a piss,went in the toilet with my son,who held my beer while i had a piss.
on the way out about 6 stewards approached me and said i'd been smoking,to which i was carted out....sent a letter to fletcher who said he had viewed the evidence,and i was smoking...i asked to see this evidence.........no reply.

you will get no joy from peter fletcher....head of security and safety...
they done a top job when everton fans were throwing glass bottles.

law74 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
After a lengthy phone conversation I have received the following which I am able to post on here.

The match day stewarding and security operation includes targeted activity to identify and eject supporters who are seen smoking in the concourse toilets where we have two or more reports of smoking confirmed by undercover security staff. This is cited as a major issue for a large number of supporters, hence the focus. Between 15 – 20 supporters are ejected every match day, all of whom receive a three match ban. We are currently considering other alternative solutions to alleviate this on-going issue. As this is a legislative matter, any changes will need to take account of the applicable law in relation to smoking in venues. Supporters will be consulted on any proposed changes."

The Spirals are NOT part of the "legislative matter" and all that would be required to take account of the "applicable law" would be to have pens at selected areas for those on level one to go into duqing half time then the problem of smoking in the bogs would not be a problem anymore, meaning less work for the undercover squad, less problems for the stewards and a happier "matchday experience" for both smokers and non smokers.
(& dont tell me that the council wouldnt allow it when our owner is personally regenerating large swathes of East Manchester that will bring the council millions over the years instead of costing it millions).

there's a lot more to all this, that's what I can post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.