If we beat West Ham, that's the end of typical City for good

southern muppet

AgueroooOOOO!!! I swear you'll never see anything
Because it would be typical City to a tee to lose this game, in a long weekend full of those games where any result is a good one for us. I have that nervous feeling that City will cock it up, then another 50% telling me ''don't be silly, this is Mancini's City, we'll be fine'' - for me whichever one wins out will go a long way to burying that anxious 'typical City' feeling before games for good (or not).

I don't think we will ever properly get rid of Typical City - not because the club is genetically engineered to lose the easiest games for all eternity, but because every club has a poor day every now and again, and because we are so ingrained in expecting bad results in the easy games, no matter how long we go on a winning streak for, as soon as we lose a game we shouldn't have we will automatically think "Typical City". We could go on a winning run for five years straight, then as soon as we lose a couple we would all start reciting "Typical City" again and wondering if we will start another losing streak. It's a tag that can't leave us until our generations of fans who have lived through the lean years are all dead and buried and the living City fans are the ones who have grown up seeing City as a "normal" team which doesn't expect to lose the plot at home against the relegation candidates (or away in this case).

The 'typical City; tag will probably remain until we actually win a trophy or two ......

a win at West Ham means three good Premiership points gained ... nothing more , nothing less.

black mamba said:
The 'typical City; tag will probably remain until we actually win a trophy or two ......

a win at West Ham means three good Premiership points gained ... nothing more , nothing less.

Spot on my friend. Spot on!!!

Typical city will stay for at least my generation of fans as its sort of a thing thats bred into you

1 game or 1 season or 2 or 3 trophies in a season would not stop that little niggly feeling in your head saying "typical city" its all we all heard growing up watching some of the shite we did

I didn't see that 4-1 win coming at Fulham.

We've won at West Brom and Wigan. We ground out a result at Blackpool. West Ham are no better than any of them. I purposely watched their match at Sunderland last weekend (televised) and they were dire.

it's just another game for 3 points.
i will be much more interested in seeing whether we can play another match with the creativity sparkling and chances flowing, without Tevez. Some of the matches i have seen without him, we have looked very bad offensively. But now we do have a Balotelli instead of a Jo.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.