If we could win the league this season

It’s not about how many injuries we have got the problems have come from just one player being out and that’s the concern. When kdb went down last season we had a stacked midfield so it didn’t really matter but if ferdy would have gone down for half a season we would have struggled. Sane went down but we can manage but when Laporte got injured that was us fucked because we naively thought we could get by without buying a centre half .

Yep. I agree 100% with what you said, that was my point. people are calling it an injury crisis but sadly it’s not. We’ve had a normal amount of injuries but as you say, it’s a single key injury that’s caused chaos because of our incredibly stupid transfer decisions in the summer, and therefore we’ve nobody to blame but ourselves in that regard.

Would probably top The slippy G title because I hate them more now than I did back then but Wouldn’t come anywhere close to 93.20, centurions or the quadruple winners for me unless of course there was a similar defining moment during the season.

Our injury issues are also vastly inflated on here, we’re not the only team to pick up injuries, i’d Say Chelsea have had it worse than us so far this season and they had the handicap of a transfer ban, Norwich beat us with 10 players injured, spurs have had their fair share, even United have had theirs too. Liverpool are the outliers rather than us with them being pretty much the only team not to suffer.

were just the only team daft enough to decide to go into the season with a defence one injury away from completely collapsing.
Vastly inflated injuries lol

Would probably top The slippy G title because I hate them more now than I did back then but Wouldn’t come anywhere close to 93.20, centurions or the quadruple winners for me unless of course there was a similar defining moment during the season.

Our injury issues are also vastly inflated on here, we’re not the only team to pick up injuries, i’d Say Chelsea have had it worse than us so far this season and they had the handicap of a transfer ban, Norwich beat us with 10 players injured, spurs have had their fair share, even United have had theirs too. Liverpool are the outliers rather than us with them being pretty much the only team not to suffer.

were just the only team daft enough to decide to go into the season with a defence one injury away from completely collapsing.
FFS Norwich didn't have 10 players injured, why do people continuously peddle this shite.
They had 5 players out injured and we had 3 players out injured. Read the facts before you post.

We need a new physio department for it to be possible.

Too many with muscle injuries

It would be a miracle and beat any other season considering what we're up against.

We need a new physio department for it to be possible.

Too many with muscle injuries

It would be a miracle and beat any other season considering what we're up against.
It's knees we have probs will,right now we have 3 out with long term knees,we have had kev and benny,all impact so there is nothing we can do about that

It's knees we have probs will,right now we have 3 out with long term knees,we have had kev and benny,all impact so there is nothing we can do about that

Unless I'm wrong, besides Sane and Laporte who had impact injuries, the rest have all been muscular?

Yesterday could be a big moment , down against a very good team coming back and winning can start the momentum.

I actually think us having the ‘big’ teams in a short space of time could help us , after the Leicester game we haven’t got one against the top 6 for a while
Problem is, we had (on paper) an "easy" start to the season....

Hammers (A)
Spurs (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Brighton (H)
Norwich (A)
Watford (H)
Everton (A)
Wolves (H)
Palace (A)
Villa (H)
Saints (H)
Liverpool (A)
Chelsea (H)

and it didn't go brilliantly. 11 points gone west in that lot (we only dropped 14 and 16 in the last two seasons), and we're not out of november yet. And we'll drop more. The Norwich and Wolves games were horror shows for a team with aspirations on winning the title. But to answer the OP's question, if we could somehow win it again this season, it would top anything we've done since we were founded in 2008.

Last edited:
It would be an amazing recovery if we did win it this season. Our injuries have been brutal and we aren’t quite firing on all cylinders.
I don’t believe we will be allowed to win at ours, no matter how well we play. I know that sounds odd, but I just can’t get it out of my head that we will be fcuked over by VAR again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.