If we don't claim fourth...

C_T_I_D

...then we'll look back with regret at:

- The amount of games we could not kill off when we had the lead.

- The amount of games we drew.

- Not getting rid of MH sooner - not a criticism, but based on recent points accumulation under RM.

Obviously at this stage Spurs are red hot favourites but it's still in our hands. We can get 3 points behind with us still having to play them and them still having to play Chelsea, Arsenal and Rags. Obviously we've got Villa, Arsenal and Rags but I'd rather have ours than theirs.

C_T_I_D said:
...then we'll look back with regret at:

- The amount of games we could not kill off when we had the lead.

- The amount of games we drew.

- Not getting rid of MH sooner - not a criticism, but based on recent points accumulation under RM.

Obviously at this stage Spurs are red hot favourites but it's still in our hands. We can get 3 points behind with us still having to play them and them still having to play Chelsea, Arsenal and Rags. Obviously we've got Villa, Arsenal and Rags but I'd rather have ours than theirs.

It's going to the wire, and we will see how far we have come - last min pen by a penalty taker supreme, left foot thunderbolt trickles all the way to Schwarzer . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Will Gatito miss a last min pen that gets us fourth spot?

Gray said:
It's in our hands but we hardly created a chance against Everton and the defence were back to their erratic best, so 5th or 6th place is the best we can hope for.

Settling for a Europa Cup place already is not an option really as long as we have a chance of claiming fourth. Everton was one game against a bunch of dirty sods who launched it down the channels and chased it and hoped for the best and if they didn't have the ball they kicked you.

It's time to move on from that loss because if the fans have that mentality and lack of belief then the players will follow.

spanishblue said:
I don't think we will get 4Th for the simple reason this season as a team we are not mentally strong enough

But are our rivals any stronger mentally? If they were they'd be out of sight already.

All clubs in the race are in the same boat IMO.

It is going to be tight for 4th, but I don't see how you have Spuds as red hot favourites. Liverpool yesterday looked very good, although Sunderland were shite!..... is it just me being paranoid, or do certain teams roll over for clubs like Liverpool and United. Sunderland scrapped against us like their lives depended on it the other week, but yesterday???....... Let's hope Wigan have the same attitude as Sunderland yesterday.

moomba said:
spanishblue said:
I don't think we will get 4Th for the simple reason this season as a team we are not mentally strong enough

But are our rivals any stronger mentally? If they were they'd be out of sight already.

All clubs in the race are in the same boat IMO.

Spuds seem to be more of a unit and battle for each other
Bin dippers have been through so many campaigns they know what it is about they get a win and it moves them on we win and go backwards
Obviously i hope we get it but think we are not strong enough YET

spanishblue said:
Spuds seem to be more of a unit and battle for each other
Bin dippers have been through so many campaigns they know what it is about they get a win and it moves them on we win and go backwards
Obviously i hope we get it but think we are not strong enough YET

I'm not sure either is significant. Spuds are on a decent run, but they've had there fair share of matches where they've looked clueless. It happens to every team
in and around our position.

Scousers may well have the experience, and they have a decent draw. But very little margin for error. Birmingham away will be a test for them. They've been poor all season away from Anfield, drop points here and it could be too much for them to make up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.