If we don't sign anyone this summer...

AdamManCity said:
Where do you think we would finish next season without anyone leaving? I will go for second with Arsenal winning the league, United third and chelsea forth, optimistic I know!

sorry im not going to answer because for some weird reason you have arsenal winning the league?

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
prodgtopia said:
dom said:
What , "solidy" the whole back line ???????

not the whole back line but we do need some help. Kolarov is one dimensional, Richards is unreliable, Lescott is clueless most of the times...so we def need to bring in guys who could challenge those guys to play better and be more consistent.

eh? 2nd best defence in the league mate

Note prodgtopia's joining date ....anyone else smell a rag ???

Aw bless

let's keep hime around for some debt calculation fun...

dom said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
prodgtopia said:
not the whole back line but we do need some help. Kolarov is one dimensional, Richards is unreliable, Lescott is clueless most of the times...so we def need to bring in guys who could challenge those guys to play better and be more consistent.

eh? 2nd best defence in the league mate

Note prodgtopia's joining date ....anyone else smell a rag ???

Aw bless

let's keep hime around for some debt calculation fun...

lmao. i do understand we had the 2nd best defence in the league but if u guys were to go back and look at some of the games we lost and how we lost them u would probably understand where im coming from.

As for being a Rags fan... well, ive probably been a City fan longer than some of you...i usually just tweet about City but i figured i'd join this forum since its a good way to keep in touch with other City fans and possibly stay up to date when im on the road.

I was only pointing out some things that i felt prevented us from winning the premiership this year...

If we buy none we'll loose a lot of ground because we were always going to loose more players than we'd buy this season.

United will buy and continue to improve. They need a top class keeper.
Chelsea seem to be paying for just buying every player that moved back, ie trying to buy a dream team, and not developing the players like Fergie and Wenger do.
They also have an unsettled team as the manager still has question marks over his head.
Arsenal I'd say are a few buys away. They need to fix their back 4 and they need a top class experienced keeper as well.
Liverpool I think could surpirse us and are a few buys away as well. If their no.1 goes they'll need a keeper as well.
Spurs will try their best as well and if they can hold on to their best players and buy a decent keeper they'll have a go as well (they wont win but they will aim for top 4.

Looks like we're running out of top class keepers though. That seems to be the main position on the top of a lot of the top teams wish list.

(Will be interesting to see what Mancini will do with Given..how much would he improve Arsenal/United then what they have on their books)

If we don't buy anyone and everyone else does, I'd say 3rd if we're lucky.

I could see back to the old

United
Arsenal
City
Liverpool

Chelsea (too many old legs and not enough young players even if they buy, they can't gell that team that quickly)

If a transfer embargo for all clubs was declared

1. City
2. Chelsea
3. Rags
4. Spurs

Man for man we have the best squad. The belief that comes from winning the cup is the great intangible that will MASSIVELY improve us next season. This season we had a lot of new players to bed in and that takes time - we will improve as time goes by and players understand each others game better.

Chelsea are ageing but are still full of top class players. They were one result away from the title this year despite a raft of injuries and imploding for months on end.

The Rags continue to overachieve thanks to (sickening to say it) a genius of a manager and the benefits of having a team whose core have been together for many years.

Spurs have quality throughout their squad and without the CL to distract them won't run out of steam like they did this year.

Arsenal have been well and truly found out and without a host of new signings their decline will continue.

Liverpool flattered to deceive in the run in when no real pressure was on them and the Dalglish feelgood factor was in full effect. Their squad simply isn't good enough to mount a sustained challenge.

RyantheBlue said:
We're 1 point ahead of Arsenal and suddenly we're happy to slag them off claiming they're bottlers. We were top once, are we bottlers too?

With Tevez we could give it a real go.
Without it'll be another top 4 fight.

lol we'v been saying it for couple of years not just recently..

they were head to head for the prem end of feb saying their going to win the league but bottled it and now they are looking on finishing 4th.. eventhough every year all the arsenal camp say its "their year" ha ok.
they got knocked out of 3 cups? in a space of couple of weeks

arsenal are the biggest bottlers in the league and even admitt that themselves

lee-mcfc said:
RyantheBlue said:
We're 1 point ahead of Arsenal and suddenly we're happy to slag them off claiming they're bottlers. We were top once, are we bottlers too?

With Tevez we could give it a real go.
Without it'll be another top 4 fight.

lol we'v been saying it for couple of years not just recently..

they were head to head for the prem end of feb saying their going to win the league but bottled it and now they are looking on finishing 4th.. eventhough every year all the arsenal camp say its "their year" ha ok.
they got knocked out of 3 cups? in a space of couple of weeks

arsenal are the biggest bottlers in the league and even admitt that themselves
good post,can't help thinking the OP is a WUM or pissed....Arsenal...lol

Arsenal have no chance as others have mentioned. They are in real crisis and over half of them now actually want Wenger and his potty ideas out. Chelsea will be running out with zimmer frames shortly, and will be changing managers again once or twice.

You have to remember what a poor position we were in last August. Absolutely no pre-season because of the world cup taking all our first team players, 5 players never met the others before, Yaya and Silva taking two months to get up to Premier speed.

The situation will be totally different this year, and I believe whether we sign anyone or not, whether Tevez stays or not, it will be a two-horse race between City and Scum. Unless the evil one suddenly retires.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.