Status
Not open for further replies.
mancity111 said:
Marvin said:
nicko said:
Is it over?

As good as over?

Still there for the taking?

Personally, I think that we have to win today. If we go 12 pts behind it is too big a mountain.

As the league has been my priority this year by a million miles this makes today a huge huge game.

The last few weeks need to be forgotten and we start again by beating that bent nosed Geordie fergie licker today.
Our 6 home games are all games we should win. We need 3 wins from 6 away.

On paper this is one of the easier aways given some of the othes eg Liverpool, Utd and Everton, but falling as it does straight after barca away, it's a game I don't expect to win. Pick up a point, recharge the batteries and then go again.

If we do win today, we will win the title, that should be the title of this thread.

More likely we lose it today Marvin if we don't win than we win it if we win.

We can't be sure things to win the title 9 points behind Chelsea with 11 games to play.

I don't agree with you though that a point is acceptable today , its not.

Dropping two points at Norwich and losing both games against Chelsea means we have to win against Hull for a variety of reasons that go beyond the three points.
We need 6 home wins and 3 away. I don't care where we get the points

Hull away would normally be a game you'd expect to win, but not at the moment.

Chelsea may improve, but they may also wobble. They haven't been playing well, and the likelihood is that they will have two draining Champions League Quarter Finals to deal with

Then i think we can kiss the title goodbye, Mourinho has reverted to boring footy but he grinds the wins out game after game.
He will not start taking risks now, no chance.

Marvin said:
mancity111 said:
Marvin said:
Our 6 home games are all games we should win. We need 3 wins from 6 away.

On paper this is one of the easier aways given some of the othes eg Liverpool, Utd and Everton, but falling as it does straight after barca away, it's a game I don't expect to win. Pick up a point, recharge the batteries and then go again.

If we do win today, we will win the title, that should be the title of this thread.

We can't be sure things to win the title 9 points behind Chelsea with 11 games to play.

Dropping two points at Norwich and losing both games against Chelsea means we have to win against Hull for a variety of reasons that go beyond the three points.

Chelsea may improve, but they may also wobble. They haven't been playing well, and the likelihood is that they will have two draining Champions League Quarter Finals to deal with

Although Chelsea may not be playing that well or as well as they can they keep getting the points.

If we are off our game we are not picking up the wins required to get a firm foothold on the title.

Norwich being a classic example.

Chelsea managed two late goals to flatter them somewhat at Carrow Road but still got the points.

We will have to up the anti now to get wins against sides that will make it harder for us from now on.

A repeat of that performance against Hull in the reverse fixture and its likely the result will be different.

On a more positive note......

We win today, Chelski, Arse lose and the scousers win the day is wonderful eh?

BigJoe#1 said:
On a more positive note......

We win today, Chelski, Arse lose and the scousers win the day is wonderful eh?

Can't see it happening as Arse and Scousers play tomorrow for one but yes I would expect bluemoon would not be in meltdown if it did happen.

Lets bloody hope so , we need somethings to go our way now.

The soft tissue injuries we keep getting tells me we have to change the way we go about our business next season.

mancity111 said:
Marvin said:
mancity111 said:

Although Chelsea may not be playing that well or as well as they can they keep getting the points.

If we are off our game we are not picking up the wins required to get a firm foothold on the title.

Chelsea managed two late goals to flatter them somewhat at Carrow Road but still got the points.

We will have to up the anti now to get wins against sides that will make it harder for us from now on.

A repeat of that performance against Hull in the reverse fixture and its likely the result will be different.
I want 6 points from the next two games, but 4 would keep us in the race, and then we have a week to re-charge.

The bottom line is matching what Chelsea do, and if we do that we will be Champions (unless Liverpool do something special).

Marvin said:
mancity111 said:
Marvin said:

I want 6 points from the next two games, but 4 would keep us in the race, and then we have a week to re-charge.

The bottom line is matching what Chelsea do, and if we do that we will be Champions (unless Liverpool do something special).

Hope I am wrong but I can't see Chelsea slipping up at Villa today so we have to win at Hull Marvin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.