If we signed Guardiola, which players would thrive & struggle?

Sterling, Aguero and De Bruyne would be the star men, Fernandinho will excel as usual. With Yaya it can go either way, Pep could either play him deep or get rid.

I personally think Yaya will end up on the bench for or sold to free up his wages, he won't be able to play Peps pressing game, Nasri for me is far too lazy and will also go. KDB Sterling, Aguero, Silva will look even better and I expect Delph to be used maybe in a left back or right back roll with his energy he could do a job there, as Zabba and kolorov decline.

Zlatan Bony? Wilfried Ibrahimovic? I've been saying this for the last two years but people just point, laugh and ridicule me. Could be the lazy eye though.

There is a gulf in quality but the way they play is similar. Ibrahimovic doesn't run channels, nor stays on the shoulder of the last defender, but drops off slightly like Wilf to take part in the build up play.

He's certainly a lot closer to Ibrahimovic than Lewandowski.

I wonder if we will see Zaba shift into DM/CM as per Lahm at Bayern. He has briefly played there before and could be a revelation in the centre as he grows older.
Or perhaps CB. He used to play CB in Argentina s National team.

I personally think Yaya will end up on the bench for or sold to free up his wages, he won't be able to play Peps pressing game, Nasri for me is far too lazy and will also go. KDB Sterling, Aguero, Silva will look even better and I expect Delph to be used maybe in a left back or right back roll with his energy he could do a job there, as Zabba and kolorov decline.
This, I don't get why everyone on this thread is saying that nasri will thrive in peps system he like quite a few of our players arent capable of playing a pressing game which is what pep demands.

This, I don't get why everyone on this thread is saying that nasri will thrive in peps system he like quite a few of our players arent capable of playing a pressing game which is what pep demands.

Nasri is more than capable if he can be motivated. If Guardiola can motivate him then he'll be brilliant, if he can't then Pep will bin him like a used nappy.

There is a gulf in quality but the way they play is similar. Ibrahimovic doesn't run channels, nor stays on the shoulder of the last defender, but drops off slightly like Wilf to take part in the build up play.

He's certainly a lot closer to Ibrahimovic than Lewandowski.

Agreed. Zlatan minus the self confidence. Well at least he's the polar opposite of Bendtner.

Both Sterling and De Bruyne need to adapt the most I think. They are counter attacking players and will need to work hard with Pep to change their games. I think they can do it though.

Pep is a mastermind manager, basically what he does his use three player makers in the squad to expand the opponents defence and allow space to come through the flanks which is utlised by the fullbacks or wingbacks to put more shorts of crosses pass in the box.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.