If we signed Guardiola, which players would thrive & struggle?

Both Sterling and De Bruyne need to adapt the most I think. They are counter attacking players and will need to work hard with Pep to change their games. I think they can do it though.

They will have to improve their consistency but I'm not 100% sure that they'll have to curb their counter attacking instincts. As I've said before, what Pep's Bayern do that his Barca team didn't is look for a direct long ball over or through the defence. They still retain possession brilliantly but a lot of their attacks come from very direct passing starting from the defence.

The bit De Bruyne in particular will have to adapt to is retaining possession when there's no attacking opportunity. He's played a lot sloppy 10 yard sideways passes that should be easy for someone of his ability.

I am genuinely surprised Nasri is coming up so often, I guess absense makes the heart grow fonder. If anyone could make him the player we thought he was that'd be Pep, but I personally see him leaving this winter.

The one I'm most excited about, IF it comes off, is Denayer.

I think the first casualties will be Bony, Toure,Kolarov and Fernando.
PG has a style that relies on both skill and work ethic. Those four either possess only one of those qualities or in a couple of cases, none.

I am genuinely surprised Nasri is coming up so often, I guess absense makes the heart grow fonder. If anyone could make him the player we thought he was that'd be Pep, but I personally see him leaving this winter.

The one I'm most excited about, IF it comes off, is Denayer.

Silva, Stirling and De B are fine. Nasri is no longer an automatic first team choice but too good not to be that somewhere. Would rather see a new player who offered something different taking his slot. Same with Navas. If we are going to upgrade the squad we have to create slots and free up wages.

Both Sterling and De Bruyne need to adapt the most I think. They are counter attacking players and will need to work hard with Pep to change their games. I think they can do it though.

Bayern's entire team was counter attacking players when he took over from heynkes.

Just no. They are playing since van gaal 2009 Possession based football. Only against barcelona they played on the counter

Well with the exception or the turtle's 0-0 united we have the highest possession on average in the Premier league, so that's not going to be a problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.