If when tevez goes

johnmc

And ade and bellamy have played their last games do we need a new 4th striker or does Guidetti fit the bill.

It would mean 4 strikers out of the club (caiceido) with one on. The balance did need addressing and this would give a promising youngster half a chance.

If Guidetti if off to Feyenoord on loan then we might have to invest in a short-term option or use Alex Nimely/Harry Bunn as 4th choice if we are in an emergency situation (as even if all but one of our top strikers are injured, we can play with one up top and Nasri/Silva/Johnson around him).

I was under the impression that Guidetti only re-signed with us because we guaranteed him a place in our Champions League squad. Surely that would rule out a loan?

Aguero, Dzeko, Balo, and Guidetti is a good balance imo.

Adam-mcfc said:
I was under the impression that Guidetti only re-signed with us because we guaranteed him a place in our Champions League squad. Surely that would rule out a loan?

I think so too but also believe it was under the assumption Tevez would be gone - and looks like he's here until at least January. When Tevez leaves, Guidetti will probably be called back with more experience under his belt.

I can only see Tevez leaving if it involves a swap, I can't see a club forking out £40M for him. So if he leaves his replacement in the squad may well be part of the same deal.

I also think if he's still here on Sept 1st he will be here for the whole season, it would be very difficult to replace him with a player not CL cup tied in Jan. Maybe we can do a deal with Corinthians for next Summer?

If Tevez goes and the deal does not involve a swap with a striker, Mancini will want to recruit another striker. He has said so. He clearly rates Guidetti but he will not want to rely on him as the fourth striker, particularly given Mario's dodgy knee. With the inevitable injuries and suspensions, we need four top-class strikers to ensure that we can compete effectively domestically and in Europe.

IMO

Tevez will stay until at least January.

If we were to sell Tevez then yes we need an experienced CF who is prepared to sit out a few games.

Our forward line is very young and we need someone with more experience to show these lads the way Eto would have been a decent shout but looks as though he is going to Russia.

If Tevez goes, and with Mario seemingly and worryingly susceptible to knee injuries, and assuming Guidetti does go to Feyenord, then that just leaves Dzeko and Aguero as realistic strikers - seems to me like Tevez will stay

Maybe Inter would pay a little less and give us Milito too (on loan)?

Guidetti needs playing time and he wont get it here this year. He will play if only Balo, Agüero, Dzeko is injured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.