If you could change the rules of football...

Offside is a necessary rule to prevent mass goal hanging and hoof ball. But , in the light of VAR I would change the rule so that only the torso counted and there had to be daylight between the two torsos. Currently, VAR gives the advantage to the defender and goals are ruled out when the attackers heel is an inch offside. When you consider the vaguery of when the pass actually leaves the foot, an inch offside is just a guess.
I agree, clear daylight it should be, as it stands its a ludicrous law and as you say, heavily slanted towards the defending team...

Reimplement ball to hand concept,, it's the only way to stop the confusion, I think theyre trying to stop/solve too much with the sdtupid ruleset they got now

On free kicks if the opposition player blocks it from being taken = yellow

On goal kicks it is a foul/yellow if it dont go out the area

FFP needs to be scrapped, we have seen the more exciting football clubs can produce, we dont need to go back to what we had with the same teams winning it year in/out

Handball in the Penalty area is a penalty, end of, no matter what the distance from the kick, same rule for both sides clean and transparent for VAR.

They give it against us anyway, takes away their ability to do so.

Get rid of penalties, most awards dont merit a free strike from 12 yards eg the handball Rags v PSG a ball going from a wild shot going wide hit an arm

Introduce sin bins

Only captain able to talk to ref

Stadium clock play 30 mins play in play each half

Last edited:
One thing that does my head in everytime is when a team scores and the "comeback" is on and they try and retrieve the ball from the goal net and the keeper does what he can to delay them by grabbing the ball and holding onto it.
Red card straight away.
That's my rule change.

Never get why the scoring team rush to get the ball, the conceding team take the kick off so they can drag it out as long as they wish really.

Independent time keeper with a clock in the stadium so people can see how long is left. Throw ins to be taken where the ball goes out and the six second law for keepers to be implemented

Independent time keeper with a clock in the stadium so people can see how long is left.
Totally agree with this. It would not stop play acting to break up the rhythm of the game but it would certainly put an end to all other forms of timewasting.

Offside goes back to offside benefit of doubt with attacking side, none of this mm analysis or 2nd phase not interfering with play bollocks.

Timewsting at start of matches to be fucking enforced, sick of letting twunts like Foster get away shit for 85 mins before so much as a warning.

Ff insisting on VAR at least make it transparent.

Time wasting at goal kicks to be more heavily cracked down on, If keeper takes 10+ seconds on two occasions then yellow card straight away.

Ben Foster has been getting away with this nonsense for years!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.