If you could change the rules of football...

instigate a rule which prohibits the introduction of "sin bin" or similar in perpetuity

stadium clock, independent timekeeper, mic'd up referees and VAR replays on giant screen with decisions explained all no-brainers for me

enforce the existing no strangling, GBH, or forced removal of clothing by either defenders or attackers at corner kicks

clear dive, supported by VAR, straight red in penalty area and yellow anywhere else

Last 5 mins of the CL final, Delph gets a little bump from Messi and gets a free kick. But wait, although it didn't look like much contact, Delph's stayed down. He has to go off, which means that under the new rules, Messi also has to go and since City have made all their subs, if Delph can't return, Messi will have to sit out the rest of the game... :-)
Then he shouldn't have bumped into him! ;)
Otherwise players will know that the opponents have used all their subs and can give a little dig at a player at the cost of a yellow card but the player goes off injured and the fouling team have a player advantage. That cant be right

What if the attacker's torso is an inch offside, so there's daylight, but not for the entire length of the torso?
Good point. The law would need to specify. I would favour 'any daylight' or 'part of the torso' or something!

Never get why the scoring team rush to get the ball, the conceding team take the kick off so they can drag it out as long as they wish really.

Exactly. The game clock stops when the ball crosses the line so it makes no difference if they rush to get the ball or not. Ball goes in, Ref stops his watch.

Rule changes?

If you are going to have names on the back of the shirts then surnames only. No nicknames or anything else.
Diving. Red card.
Tackling. You get the ball first? Well done. Taking the man out should be the consequence of a decent tackle.

Punish another form of simulation - a player get a shove in the back and goes down clutching his face to get his opponent sent off (Didn't Rivaldo do it once after he was struck on the leg?)

Punish another form of simulation - a player get a shove in the back and goes down clutching his face to get his opponent sent off (Didn't Rivaldo do it once after he was struck on the leg?)
World cup 2002 ball kicked at him his oscar winning performance gets defender sent off if i remember right.

World cup 2002 ball kicked at him his oscar winning performance gets defender sent off if i remember right.

Here's the incident, what a cheating little tosspot he is.

FarflungTallArgusfish-small.gif

Screens banned from the dugouts.

VAR binned

The game becoming timed on a ball in play method when the ball must be on the pitch and moving to count. - maybe make the game 70 mins to compensate as I can’t imagine it’s more than that now with all the time wasting.

I’d make it 4 points for an away win to encourage more ambition but keep a draw 1 point.

Scrap goal difference and if teams finish on same points it’s goals scored that matter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.