If you could choose to go back to one day as a kid and one as an adult. What would they be.

That’s a game I would have loved to have been at. There were photos of the Celtic fans in the main square before the game in a couple of bars we visited. The sheer numbers you took to that game were staggering.

I was actually interviewed by a Belgian Radio station, who told me the estimated size of support was over 100,000. Luckily for their listeners it was quite early on the day before the game so I wasn’t pissed yet. I also can speak in a way as to be understood by non Glaswegians.

So much of it was brilliant. Going to the game a Beer lorry had broken down and around it a couple of thousand fans had all kneeled down bowing their arms in homage.

The locals were all laughing and didn’t know what to make of us.

Great experience.

On the day of the game we were outside a bar on a long street of bars where thousands were singing. I called up a couple of my Rangers fan mates to let them enjoy the moment.

We returned there the next day before we went home and three old Spanish women were walking past us and gave us all a hug. It was a magic moment. I have no idea what they were saying, but they obviously felt we had respected their people and city. The bar owner also gave us all a beer for free. **** must have made an absolute fortune. :)

Last edited:
When I was 12, a 16 year old local girl (with a bit of a “reputation”) wanted to do the business with me but I lost my bottle. I’d like the opportunity to make amends.(although, of course, these days she’d probably be in serious trouble for it)

When I was 12, a 16 year old local girl (with a bit of a “reputation”) wanted to do the business with me but I lost my bottle. I’d like the opportunity to make amends.(although, of course, these days she’d probably be in serious trouble for it)

In Glasgow we have a term for that situation.

Scared of the beard. :)

It was actually not as bad as that. I had the knack of not accepting what I felt was injustice against me and would argue that. As you can imagine, this was not always welcomed and I was belted for being stubborn. This only served to stiffen my resolve which again led to more belting.

It became an occupational hazard. But I never buckled, never cried and would stare them out afterwards, which unnerved a few who responded with hitting me.

Cyclical situation.

And despite that, m, yer've become a stable, well-adjusted (apart from the predilecion for green and white hoops!) happy go-lucky, tee-total jock!

As a kid, the day I found a Penthouse celebrity edition and copped a look at Linda Lusardi’s bush!

As an adult - either when City beat Gillingham, United 5-1, the United Semi, Blackburn promotion game, FA Cup final or QPR. All were great days and can’t be split.

I think as an adult, I’d like to re-live the total confusion of the day that we were bought by the Sheikh. On the one hand, some were saying we’re now the wealthiest club in the world, on the other, some were saying they’d checked his personal website and there’s no mention of him buying City and it’s a hoax.

As a kid...well, any time all of the family were still alive. There were parts of my childhood that I didn't realise were unusual until I was older (nothing abusive, just saw and heard and knew of lots of things I shouldn't have). But I wouldn't change any of it and i'd love to have a Christmas again with everyone there. I spent a lot of time with my grandparents and I miss them.

Adult....well, i'm not old enough to honestly answer this yet. I'm only 27 and there is still everything left to do....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.