If you could choose to go back to one day as a kid and one as an adult. What would they be.

Kid. To go back to the day my Dad bought me my first illegal pint. I watched him try and put his wallet back in his back pocket without success. 5 goes it took him. Had me in tears. He was a little drunk by this stage. He died some 5 years later, cancer, and it's one memory I have that still makes me giggle like a girl after a beer or three.

Adult. 4 years later. My Dad had stomach pains and refused to see a doctor until it was too late. (I found this out when my Mum passed in 2017. She told us all kind of stuff we didn't know before she went, cancer again.) By the time he got help, the stomach cancer had a vicious hold and he barely saw the year out.

As a kid...well, any time all of the family were still alive. There were parts of my childhood that I didn't realise were unusual until I was older (nothing abusive, just saw and heard and knew of lots of things I shouldn't have). But I wouldn't change any of it and i'd love to have a Christmas again with everyone there. I spent a lot of time with my grandparents and I miss them.

Adult....well, i'm not old enough to honestly answer this yet. I'm only 27 and there is still everything left to do....

Were they swingers like my folks? I saw too much at an early age as well!

Its your choice, but, it’s mainly about a day you would love to have again, and yes you are aware you are living it again.
Sounds soppy as fuck I know, but the birth of my first. Changed the way I looked on life, at the time I didn’t quite realize how much and would love to go back to that moment to let the enormity of it sink in.

As a kid, Christ so many good memories. However, Probably getting lost in France as a 7 year old and rather than spending 4 hours lost knowing no one or the language I’d find my way back to my parents worry free. Traumatized me for years that did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.