If you could travel back in time...

Either drunk or losing marbles. Bobby bloody Johnson? You can spell better!

Ah, spot the time of the post ABJ - 10:06pm - eyes had blurred and that bloody predictive text! Mind, I could have got him mixed up with Michael Johnstone, the guy who scored that lovely goal v Derby, and the first player to score in successive Cup Finals, and Bobby Johnson the Scots lad from Urmston!

I'd like to go back to the 5-1 and just relive every moment again stood on the Kippax , even the rag pitch invasion/escape from the North Stand which seemed to prompt the biggest annihilation of any of Fergies teams.
In those days to see 40k grown ups (?) leaping up and down , hugging and kissing was rare indeed a bit like Covid UK right now.

I'd go back to the 98/99 season. You have to have witnessed how bad we were to fully appreciate how good we have since become. Where we are now was well beyond comprehension back then. A pie a pint in banter and camaraderie and a good old sing song kept our morale in good spirits. 40 point safety and beating the rags was all we could muster on the pitch. I'd do it all again given the chance.

I'd love to re-live 67/68 and go to all the games. I believe the away win at Spurs was a bit special.
It certainly was and Leeds lost at home to the Scousers on the same day when they were in the box seat, put the Scum and us as favourites for the title. We were all screaming the Elland road score at the players as they left the pitch, the tunnel was in the corner of the stadium to the left of where the away fans were.

Last edited:
League cup semi and final of 1976....
Tbh Boro away was a bit shit though the 2nd leg and Final were a blast.

I've always wondered what that mad season 57/58 was like as I was only just out of nappies at the time. 104 goals for and 100 against, I guess City fans were still moaning about something!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.