If you could travel back in time...

Tbh Boro away was a bit shit though the 2nd leg and Final were a blast.

I've always wondered what that mad season 57/58 was like as I was only just out of nappies at the time. 104 goals for and 100 against, I guess City fans were still moaning about something!

There's book out there about that season. Saw a copy in a second-hand bookshop once, and wanted it, but it was a stupid price and on the day I wasn't willing to pay it. Maybe I should have!

Any match with the names Bell, Lee and Summerbee on the team sheet.

This. I've watched a lot of this team on Youtube and old videos but I'd pay serious money to watch particularly Franny Lee play live. I think if he were a modern day footballer, he'd probably be my favourite player.

Can’t believe so many want to experience that which they already have.

I’d go into a totally different era.

This. I've watched a lot of this team on Youtube and old videos but I'd pay serious money to watch particularly Franny Lee play live. I think if he were a modern day footballer, he'd probably be my favourite player.
As you'll have seen from the vids he didn't look much like a typical footballer, a bit short for a forward (not too surprising as he started as a winger) and definitely on the chubby side rather than a finely honed athlete. When he got the ball any such perceptions changed instantly, an aggressive runner with the ball at his feet, surprisingly quick and agile given his build. His shooting was as powerful as any at that time and tended to be very accurate, it's a pity there are no detailed stats from that period as I'd like to see his percentage for hitting the target.

Opposition fans hated him which is always the sign of a player who's getting it right. He was never shy of giving the officials a bit of backchat, see that incident in the 3-3 draw with the rags where he explicitly indicates that Best was diving when Lee was booked (possibly a bit pot and kettle!).

the joy of having the chance to just go back for one game on a went and windy night at maine road ? the kippax full ? songs of plenty city playing and winning, the whole of the ground in full colour and sounds to smells the faces the price of a ticket, a pie and pint and the walk home with your mates

nothing can beat that moment ? the desire of going to the game knowing your going to get pissed wet through for the love of the club, yes we did turn up for the love of the club not just for glory

I'd love to go back to Wembley Stadium on Saturday 18/07/20 5 minutes before kick off and lock that selected team in the dressing room, forcing Pep to play a different eleven. Would have won.

The 67/68 season, definitely. I was only 5 at the time (6 in December), so I wasn't really aware of the club at that time. Nowhere near the saturation media coverage you get these days. I'd have loved to see that side in full flow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.