If you could turn the clock back ten years.......

Try not to have too many regrets in life. Can't chance what's been, only what is and what's to come.

Only two things I'd change are giving myself a kick up the arse to get in shape ten years go instead of five, now I'm forty and everything just gets a little more annoying to accomplish with fitness.

Second would be to have not gone on the car trip that resulted in someone apparently not seeing the queue of cars behind us and just not breaking, resulting in periodic lower back pain for me and 6 months of my eldest daughter being very cagey about being in cars.

Exact same thing happened to us when I was 6, but my mum had bent forward to pick up her handbag on impact. That resulted in irreversible nerve damage and has rendered her disabled for the rest of her life. Took me years and years to get over that, wished for most of my childhood that I could turn the clock back.

Going back ten years, I'd say to the 16 year old me to stop hanging round with goons and people pleasing, and get my A levels at all costs. Would've saved a lot of heartache in my 20s and would've enabled me to go to a much better University.

Also, when training, stretch, stretch and more stretch. I used to go out and run 8 miles at a good pace and think nothing about the recovery side of things. Ended up with a bad tendinitis condition in my hips and had surgery at 21.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.