If you're ever asked to define a "car crash" interview...

Henkeman

Naomi Wolf's latest book talks about prosecutions for sodomy in the 19th century and the hitherto unknown executions that resulted. Dr Matthew Sweeting takes issue with it in the calmest, politely way possible and rips the entire premise of the book to shreds because she's completely misunderstood the legal terminology used. Now to her immense credit, she reacts in a far better way than I'd expect anyone to, but oh my this is an excruciating listen:

To her credit though, it must have been embarrassing and devastating but she was very dignified in the way she handled it.

She may have also been in shock. Someone in the comments said this book is based on the thesis that got her a degree from Oxford. The Publisher also missed it completely, you'd think before it got to this point someone would have spotted it.

To her credit though, it must have been embarrassing and devastating but she was very dignified in the way she handled it.

She may have also been in shock. Someone in the comments said this book is based on the thesis that got her a degree from Oxford. The Publisher also missed it completely, you'd think before it got to this point someone would have spotted it.

Yep, agreed. Though as another pointed out, however gracious she is when it happens, it would be better if she didn't keep making the mistakes in the first place.

Naomi Wolf's latest book talks about prosecutions for sodomy in the 19th century and the hitherto unknown executions that resulted. Dr Matthew Sweeting takes issue with it in the calmest, politely way possible and rips the entire premise of the book to shreds because she's completely misunderstood the legal terminology used. Now to her immense credit, she reacts in a far better way than I'd expect anyone to, but oh my this is an excruciating listen:

What she should have said, was

“Well, that’s that fucked.”

Death recorded.. Whooopsie
For real car crash interviews you'd need only listen to true crime podcasts where the accused is regularly caught speaking shit, lying, and otherwise spinning untruths to avoid punishment

Louis Theroux documentaries can have pretty painful interviews. The one with the sex offender recently was pretty cringy, especially as he knew who Louis was and thought he could get one over on him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.