Iker Casillas suffers suspected heart attack

The medical team dealing with him say it is "fixed" which would suggest a stent or two, come what may I would hope he makes a full and swift recovery which from first hand experience i can say would have been a very scary experience more so from someone who would very clearly have lead a very healthy lifestyle and understandably have thought he would have been in more danger of being hit by a falling meteorite than have such a thing at his age.

Although he never played for a team i could warm to, he is a legend of the game. sure it was a mur mur, he s in good stead. has to think about hanging up the gloves and focus on his personal life with loved ones.

It happens,you obviously just don't here about cases that aren't high profile.The heart is a muscle like any others and athletes can sometimes over develop the left side through intense training,this can often be a cause of cardiac issue.Then there is the murky side,with performance enhancers playing their part.

Regarding this lad,apparently he's no longer in danger and is doing ok.

Crikey - never heard of that tbf. I've recently stepped up my exercise and feel so much better physically and mentally (I joined the gym at 46)..but things like this worry me somewhat (I'm much happier with this lifestyle then the more sedentary, less healthy lifestyle I had). Perhaps I should cut down thew cardio and up the strength/weights.

Hope me makes a full recovery.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.