Ilaix Moriba

Contract talks have failed and he is up for sale. We tried to sign him a couple years back. Very interesting that there is a 'Prem club' behind pushing him, won't be surprise if we made a late move for him.

Contract talks have failed and he is up for sale. We tried to sign him a couple years back. Very interesting that there is a 'Prem club' behind pushing him, won't be surprise if we made a late move for him.
I'd be surprised. He could get decent money and first team opportunities elsewhere. He'd be sent out on loan right away if he came here.

I'd be surprised. He could get decent money and first team opportunities elsewhere. He'd be sent out on loan right away if he came here.
A good loan spell for a year and then he joins Rodri up with first squad? Doesn't sound too bad. Far fetched, time will tell whether a Prem club really is interested.

Barca didn’t mind doing it to us for Garcia but clutch their pearls and petticoat when someone else does it to them. Hypocrites

Garcia was developed by Barca’s academy between 2008 and 2017. He was entirely a product of their system.
Then we did ‘it’ to Barca for Garcia.
We took him away from them in 2017 but Barca were decent. They were very respectful to him, and to his wishes, so he left them on very good terms.

As you know, he then returned to them in 2021 so it’s hardly a comparison is it?

Big yes please on this guy. He might not be ready for us straight away but he's not far off, some Pep magic could make him a superstar. I'd be more excited about him coming here than Grealish

Barca didn’t mind doing it to us for Garcia but clutch their pearls and petticoat when someone else does it to them. Hypocrites
Hardly. We took Garcia from them at 16 after he had grown up throughout the age groups in the barca academy. They enticed him back on more than he would have been had he stayed and were even willing to pay to get him back last summer but for our extremely bizarre decision to reject it.

Big yes please on this guy. He might not be ready for us straight away but he's not far off, some Pep magic could make him a superstar. I'd be more excited about him coming here than Grealish

Hardly. We took Garcia from them at 16 after he had grown up throughout the age groups in the barca academy. They enticed him back on more than he would have been had he stayed and were even willing to pay to get him back last summer but for our extremely bizarre decision to reject it.
I think rather than accept the low ball offer from Barca, we kept him for cover, as we didn't get Dias until really late into the window.

I think rather than accept the low ball offer from Barca, we kept him for cover, as we didn't get Dias until really late into the window.
We kept him because we considered that his value, measured in terms of his contribution to our squad for the then remaining portion of his contract, to be higher than Barca’s offer.
We also wanted to keep him with us in the hope we could convince him to stay.

I know he gets knocked on here, for going home when his contract expired, but, in truth, it’s generally accepted that he’s the best CB prospect of his generation.
Thus City & Barca both wanting him and his being in the Spanish national team at such a young age.

Garcia was developed by Barca’s academy between 2008 and 2017. He was entirely a product of their system.
Then we did ‘it’ to Barca for Garcia.
We took him away from them in 2017 but Barca were decent. They were very respectful to him, and to his wishes, so he left them on very good terms.

As you know, he then returned to them in 2021 so it’s hardly a comparison is it?
I would have preferred we got a fee for his further development

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.