#8 | Ilkay Gündoğan - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Germany's defeat to North Macedonia doesn't deflate one of our stars of the season too much, on his debut as Captain. He scored his penalty, anyone see the game?

Did his job. Put a pass on a plate for Werner late in the game, around the 79/80th minute. Just a tap in needed to win the game and he shanked it. Absolutely crapped himself in front of goal. Not sure what has happened to Werner since his move.

Did his job. Put a pass on a plate for Werner late in the game, around the 79/80th minute. Just a tap in needed to win the game and he shanked it. Absolutely crapped himself in front of goal. Not sure what has happened to Werner since his move.

Great run that from Gundo, he has such purpose in his play now, it's great to see.

As for Werner, I saw that he's 6 goals below his xG in the league this season, which is extraordinarily bad. Thing is, he has previous as he was the same 6 goals below in Germany in 2016. Might have dodged a bullet there...

Looked a bit leggy last night. Another player who’s played a lot of football and Germany used him a lot n’all.

Looked a bit leggy last night. Another player who’s played a lot of football and Germany used him a lot n’all.

Completely agree. His touch was a bit off and he didn't have the same impact. Needs a rest this weekend again and hopefully will get back to his best. Sometimes, it's more about the rhythm though and maybe it would be worth giving him 60 minutes to get back settled into how City play and he'll be fine.

I think it's inevitable after the internationals that some players are a bit sluggish and a few mistakes are made. I'm hopeful by the time we play Dortmund next week everyone will remember their role in the side and we'll see a better performance again. Rodri was another that looked off his game. Some really poor passes and decision making at times.

Two wins from two after many played considerable minutes during the international break is all you can ask for though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.