#8 | Ilkay Gündoğan - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved the way he had a go at Bellingham! You dont see that side of him much, and he gave the ref his version, too, when getting roasted for the hands on!

Saw him make a run down the left channel, go down believing he was fouled. He didn’t get the call and he was slow to get up. I thought to myself, “he’s knackered.”

Next thing, he’s on his bike back into position and dueling for every ball he can dig out off someone’s boot!

I just smiled to myself and thought he was just feeling sorry for himself for a few seconds then got straight back into the thick of the battle. Gladiatorial!

In American parlance of the day, he is a baller. Experienced, underrated, and never lets you down.

I don’t know him from Adam, but like most City players, he just seems like a nice fella who would do you a solid! Love him, and feel like his star is shining it’s brightest at exactly the right time for City.

He is the perfect foil for KDB, because he reads the game so well, and can contribute in every area of the field...none more so than on the score sheet this season.

Normally, a starting Germany midfielder would be the star of his own team. At City, he’s like the conductor on the well oiled machine that is the KDB Express!

Long may it last.

Consummate performance last night. Snapping at heels, moving the ball nicely, giving Bellingham*** what’s for and then giving an ambassadorial after-match talk in his usual perfect English.

A lovely guy who’s having a vintage season for us.

*** Apparently Bellingham is a 17-year old English prodigy, playing for England at the tender age of 17. He won’t be 18 until his next birthday but remains only 17 until then.

Gundogan was brilliant last night.

At one point in the second half I said out loud “are there two of him out there?”

One of the most determined performances I’ve ever seen from him (Spurs at home CL game was his best for me).

He wanted that last night, really wanted it! More of the same in the semi mate, because we’re going to need it!

Consummate performance last night. Snapping at heels, moving the ball nicely, giving Bellingham*** what’s for and then giving an ambassadorial after-match talk in his usual perfect English.

A lovely guy who’s having a vintage season for us.

*** Apparently Bellingham is a 17-year old English prodigy, playing for England at the tender age of 17. He won’t be 18 until his next birthday but remains only 17 until then.
17 you say? I hadn't heard that

Kdb and Foden taking the plaudits for excellent performances but Gundo was the glue that held it all together he was immesne tonight any f*ckers on here still think he cant win 50/50's and tackles need to give their heads a wobble, the complete midfield player.
John McGovern. Nottingham Forest.
Played that particular Gundo role.Lifted two European Cups,on the bounce as skipper.
Still.to.this.day.ikid.you.not...some folk still say 'Mcgovern was crap,always side ways ..too slow,.......
Football fans know nothing .basically...

Someone in the match day thread came out with a cracker; “Jude Bellingham is officially the youngest footballer ever to be wanked off by a TV station”.

Forget who it was, but cracked me up!
Haha I think that was me ;) Don’t get me wrong he’s a good player but fuckin hell come on!!! It was the same in the first leg. I remember the bbc doing the same to that lad Billings in a cup tie v us a few years ago until they realised that he wasn’t English. I think they gave him man of the match after we’d won 5-0 or something after bulling him up for half an hour pre match didn’t they?

It’s been a pleasure to watch him this season but so so sad that we haven’t been able to watch him in real life.

I’ve still got the Burnley game on my TiVo box so that whenever I’m feeling down I can rewatch his wondrous mid air spinning reverse chest to Jesus and make the world seem a happy place again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.