#8 | Ilkay Gündoğan - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time Gundo is asked to play defensive midfield it doesnt work , he is lethal as a forward creating player drpping him back 30 yards from the oppositions area is exactly what Chelski wanted , Pep played into Tichel's hands by negating possibly our best creative player this season.
There's a fine line between genius and madness , Pep was mad tonight with that formation
Wasn't he playing there during that 14 game win streak a while back to win the league?

Struggled tonight, but I’ll tell you what, he wasn’t the worst player and he wasn’t fucking helped whatsoever by the others just giving the all away for fun and having them overrun him all the time.

Our passing was fucking atrocious, highlighting and putting pressure on Gundogan’s lack of pace.

Still our best player for much of this season and he didn’t pick himself in that position, so no big complaints about Gundo tonight.

Sorry- I was referring to 18/19 during that 14 game win streak.. I believe he was playing there that whole run..
He did and he was excellent in the run in. He can play at 6, it was just bloody odd to see him play there in a CL final after being our biggest goal threat at 8 all season.

Sorry- I was referring to 18/19 during that 14 game win streak.. I believe he was playing there that whole run..
That was two years ago, he hasn't played there at all this season and Pep puts him there in a CL final.

He's not a fucking DM

He's especially not a DM against big opposition or in big matches. What part of this do people not see or understand when they defend him

He's not a good passer either. He has no range. Too slow to release the ball. Struggles on the half turn. Looks sideways and backwards before forward. Doesn't go between the lines

He's great in tight space in advanced positions. Usually when playing short little 1-2 passes. Also has a good eye for goal and making late runs into the box. That's his game

I never want to see him play as a 6 ever again. Someone with his lack of athletic ability cannot play this position, regardless of how well people may have gone on some mythical run two years ago

Didn't help having that knock during training but again that wasn't Gundo's best position. He did try but Chelsea were their usual very solid but unspectacular selves

Struggled tonight, but I’ll tell you what, he wasn’t the worst player and he wasn’t fucking helped whatsoever by the others just giving the all away for fun and having them overrun him all the time.

Our passing was fucking atrocious, highlighting and putting pressure on Gundogan’s lack of pace.

Still our best player for much of this season and he didn’t pick himself in that position, so no big complaints about Gundo tonight.

That is always what happens when we use some strange lineup/formation.

Lyon was the same. Shite passes leading to easy balls through our defence.

If i was Pep I would be expecting nerves and with that comes mistakes. So in anticipation I would play a lineup that the players were familiar with and that brought confidence in a system they were used to. Like the one v Dortmund and PSG. Players changed to suit the opposition (Zin for Cancelo and Ferny for Rodri) but system was consistent. And it fucking worked.

I wouldn't take out our MOTM from the last CL game in Ferny for a man who has been below par all season. And push our young starlet into the middle on such a big stage when he has been so effective out wide all season.

Bold calls from Pep but a hint of hopefulness over logic from him. Hoping Foden would dominate and announce himself as the next Messi. Hoping Raheem would rise to the challenge and gain confidence from the selection.

Gundogan had no chance but kept plugging away all game. Jesus was excellent when he came on and did more than most despite coming on during second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.