Ilkay Gundogan - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps you need a reminder of your own words.

You've said he can't do it against teams that press or put in some "serious/dangerous challenges". Then you go on about how he's probably scared of challenges and then call your opinion fact.

Fact is he played well against Spurs, in games where 3 potential leg breakers went in.

Sorry but spurs lost their cool in general they look to play football. Teams who in general look to play he is much more effective against. They do not play a physical game in general. I stand by my point he is better against these teams.

The tackles were shocking i fully agree but they do look to play football in general imo and are not this physical team you seem to be making them out to be.

Sorry but spurs lost their cool in general they look to play football. Teams who in general look to play he is much more effective against. They do not play a physical game in general. I stand by my point he is better against these teams.

The tackles were shocking i fully agree but they do look to play football in general imo and are not this physical team you seem to be making them out to be.

Spurs have developed into a good footballing side but I think it's commonly accepted that over the past few years they've also added some edge to their game. They're a physical side with a bit of nasty streak. They didn't momentarily resort to dirty tactics against us, it's part of their game.

Hes been very good the last two games. He looks much better when hes part of the three and not shoe-horned in to a midfield four (fern/Silva/KDB/Gund)

I personally see him as the midfield equivalent to Delph at left back. Solid enough, does his job, but when the chips are down he won't start ahead of others.

Like a Villa-era Gareth Barry with less about him in the final third.

When we just need someone to keep the play ticking over and the ball moving constantly he's grand. Shits himself too much in the tackle for my liking when he's to put himself about against teams.

Controversial, but:

I think Ilkay on the ball is the most artful player we have.

So fluid and nonchalant.

He's lovely to watch. You get the feeling the likes of KDB and Silva find him a joy to play with too. Looked to me yesterday that whenever an attack was shut down or an opportunity passed, the rest of the team were looking to give the ball back to him to start things over again. Plays such an important role in the build up play as we work our way around defences.

Who are the physical teams he can't play against in the league?

Give me as many names as possible. That way, when he does play DM against them, you can prove or disprove your claim.

Last edited:
He was great yesterday, but even then got badly mugged on one occasion, as the deepest midfielder, which would have been a big problem v a decent attack, & was the weakest creative player outside & around the oppo box, particularly noticable when Yaya came on & completely outclassed him, playing the same position.

He is a good player but we can do better, in every aspect imo.

It literally happens all the time, irrespective of who is our pivot. Come on now, this comment sounded like a shit parody of yourself even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.