Ilkay Gundogan - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know i will get shot down but....
firstly I think he is a very gifted footballer with a range of passing and particularly effective around the opposition penalty box. He seems a very serious guy with good character and very professional. However, I cannot warm to a player that pulls out of 50/50 challenges and he does. Dave doesn’t, Kev doesn’t, Fern doesn’t. Gundo does. I know he has had injuries, but......
Hope he feels physically confident enough to remedy it next season.

I think time will sort him out,his injury was very recent,next season i think he will toughen up
I hope so Karen. The fact that he is still very conscious of his injury means that he is only 90% of what he is capable of. Btw, hope your shoulder is getting better.

I hope so Karen. The fact that he is still very conscious of his injury means that he is only 90% of what he is capable of. Btw, hope your shoulder is getting better.
He is still very nervous
thanks for asking about me,it's not healed and surgery is a bad option so i'm in limbo with a broken shoulder waiting for a decision,frustrating

He is still very nervous
thanks for asking about me,it's not healed and surgery is a bad option so i'm in limbo with a broken shoulder waiting for a decision,frustrating
Shit that’s not good. Must be painful as hell. Hope your consultant makes up his mind soon!

Shit that’s not good. Must be painful as hell. Hope your consultant makes up his mind soon!
it's agony esp physio,i have seen 2 consultants,1 wants to try and fix it and the other says its virtually unfixable because of where it is,i've told them to thrash it out and come up with some options for me,5 1/2 months and counting

I know i will get shot down but....
firstly I think he is a very gifted footballer with a range of passing and particularly effective around the opposition penalty box. He seems a very serious guy with good character and very professional. However, I cannot warm to a player that pulls out of 50/50 challenges and he does. Dave doesn’t, Kev doesn’t, Fern doesn’t. Gundo does. I know he has had injuries, but......
Hope he feels physically confident enough to remedy it next season.
Meh! I can't be bothered by masculine bravado. I want a player who is healthy most of the time, and if that requires him not going into dangerous tackles 10 times a season. Then so be it. 90% of these tackles never afford us an advantage or disadvantage anyway. And for the few that do, it's splits heavily against us. In more than half the time we cop an injury or card. Going into 50/50 is overrated.

I'd rather have him reading the game beautifully, passing with metronomic precision, and arriving in the box like a well wind clock to bang in key goals.

Love him to bits...

#paythesilky

Meh! I can't be bothered by masculine bravado. I want a player who is healthy most of the time, and if that requires him not going into dangerous tackles 10 times a season. Then so be it. 90% of these tackles never afford us an advantage or disadvantage anyway. And for the few that do, it's splits heavily against us. In more than half the time we cop an injury or card. Going into 50/50 is overrated.

I'd rather have him reading the game beautifully, passing with metronomic precision, and arriving in the box like a well wind clock to bang in key goals.

Love him to bits...

#paythesilky
Maybe I am overplaying what I saw vs Liverpool and United. Time will tell. I will be the first to put my hand up and say I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.