Ilkay Gundogan - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received the ball with his back to goal far too often last night. Barely influenced the play until Yaya went off, he dropped deeper and faced the opposition. I still don't think he looks match fit and he will struggle to get match fit while he has KDB and Silva in front of him.

I think it is fair to say he is struggling to make a real impression and we are well into the season.

If I had to sum him up it would some nice touches but always on the periphery.

I was disappointed by him last night, he shouldn't be a mangala or a yaya where you expect a drop off in performance from the usual 11.

He just needs match practice, think he should start some Premier league matches.

He's definitely not a player to replace Fernandinho. Has he ever played there before?

Suffered playing next to yaya as dinho used to do sometimes,i bet he hasn't recieved that many sidewards passes in the rest of his entire games put together

Strange. I thought he was fantastic. Great touch under pressure, great moment off the ball and help break down Feyernord the few times they pressed.

There really wasn't a drop off in performance in the middle, we simply didn't have the wingers to fly at them and they doubled the wingers every time.

I think it was less about how poorly we played and more about how resolutely Feyernord defended.

He was the 2nd best player on the field for me after Sterling.

Strange. I thought he was fantastic. Great touch under pressure, great moment off the ball and help break down Feyernord the few times they pressed.

There really wasn't a drop off in performance in the middle, we simply didn't have the wingers to fly at them and they doubled the wingers every time.

I think it was less about how poorly we played and more about how resolutely Feyernord defended.

He was the 2nd best player on the field for me after Sterling.
100% agree Dax I don't understand those saying he was poor. The pass that led to the goal alone was outstanding and one that was a lot harder to execute than people realise. I do agree with those who say playing alongside Yaya doesn't help his game. Gundogan is a fantastic player but one that needs regular games which at the moment is not possible. His time will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.