Ilkay Gundogan - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
As my post states, in just six PL starts, Gundogan has 3 goals, 2 assists and a pass completion of 92.5%, the best in his career.
Regarding the view of too many sideways passes, that is a regular part of our game and something instructed by the coaching team. Luring teams from their defensive shell with overwhelming possession and then hitting them hard. It is clear to me that Gundogan is following instruction.
Do I think he deserves a contract extension - not particularly.
A wage rise - I have no idea what he is on.
There aren't many 29 year olds I would offer that too.

Stats are misleading. He has such a high pass percentage because all he does is pass backwards and sideways. It’s not under instruction because Kev, Dave, Bernardo all try to pass forward and create chances. Gundogan rarely does this. That’s ok when you come on to close the game out. Pass it sideways all you want but at 0-0 with Sterling in acres of space to turn around and give to Fernandinho drives me crazy.

Apparently he’s on £120k a week. That’s already too much imo. A contract extension means he will get a raise as well. So the best option for the club is to sell in the summer while he would still command a reasonable fee.

Stats are objective. Your assertion that Gundogan only passes sideways and backwards is wrong.

Cop out. His performance was middling, didn't merit highlighting post game, if I'm wrong the please explain with examples why I am.
That this is not obvious to Neville boggles the mind. A 17 minute middling performance wouldn't even warrant a mention absent a serious error or scintillating addition.

Somehow, Neville felt the 17 middling minutes important enough to note it's 'shittiness". But no bias there.

It will be one thing if he was b/connellblue who specializes in pointing out every bad performance. But with Neville, it's just an agenda based retort regarding certain players.

That this is not obvious to Neville boggles the mind. A 17 minute middling performance wouldn't even warrant a mention absent a serious error or scintillating addition.

Somehow, Neville felt the 17 middling minutes important enough to note it's 'shittiness". But no bias there.

It will be one thing if he was b/connellblue who specializes in pointing out every bad performance. But with Neville, it's just an agenda based retort regarding certain players.

I mentioned it being shit, in contrast to his 2nd half v Southampon & then had about 25 arguments about it.

If he had been any good, he would have been on today instead of a flagging David Silva.

When he came on, he showed why he wasn't picked.

David Silva was pretty shit today btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.