Ilkay Gundogan - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree when you can’t move quickly over 10 yards to make a tackle to intercept it is a problem. He is just unable to do this. He is an attacking midfielder and needs to be playing in that position
Gundogan is not a genuine DM, but Danilo has other weak sides, using him as a pivot would cripple our build-up. Both players are not ideally suitable for the position, Pep is choosing the lesser of two evils.

Agree, but Danilo has other weak sides, using him as DM would cripple our build-up. Both Gundogan and Danilo are not suitable for the position, Pep is choosing the lesser of two evils.
Hopefully if we’re not banned from signing anyone this problem can be addressed. If we are banned I’ve heard the youngster on loan at Girona who couldn’t get a work permit here last year is playing very well.

Hopefully if we’re not banned from signing anyone this problem can be addressed. If we are banned I’ve heard the youngster on loan at Girona who couldn’t get a work permit here last year is playing very well.
Douglas Luiz? I occasionally watch Girona games, he's bang average I'm afraid, though Pep could've made him a useful back up. But he won't get a work permit next season anyway.

Last edited:
Douglas Luiz? I occasionally watch Girona games, he's bang average I'm afraid, though Pep could've make him a useful back up. But he won't get a work permit next season anyway.
Someone on here said he was man of the match in a game a couple of weeks ago against decent opposition. Perhaps now he has played more games he might be able to get a work permit here.

Christ, the mood swings this thread has gone through since Christmas have been ridiculous. He's a good squad option, one we would be happy to keep but one we would also be able to replace quite comfortably. Sometimes he plays very well, especially in big games, and he looks brilliant when the team is in full flow, often performing a key role in high-scoring wins. Other times, when the team doesn't function as it should, his inability to grab a game by the scruff of the neck is exposed and he looks like a passenger simply going through the motions. All of the above can be true at the same time - we don't need to jump into this thread on a week-by-week basis every time he gives a class or abject display. He's always been exactly the same type of player since we signed him nearly three years ago, and he'll be the same type of player until the day he eventually leaves.

Christ, the mood swings this thread has gone through since Christmas have been ridiculous. He's a good squad option, one we would be happy to keep but one we would also be able to replace quite comfortably. Sometimes he plays very well, especially in big games, and he looks brilliant when the team is in full flow, often performing a key role in high-scoring wins. Other times, when the team doesn't function as it should, his inability to grab a game by the scruff of the neck is exposed and he looks like a passenger simply going through the motions. All of the above can be true at the same time - we don't need to jump into this thread on a week-by-week basis every time he gives a class or abject display. He's always been exactly the same type of player since we signed him nearly three years ago, and he'll be the same type of player until the day he eventually leaves.
Disagree he was better and quicker before he had those terrible injuries. So he is very much a different player than the one we bought

The highlighted above is true of most players. Including most players on our squad.

Douglas Luiz? I occasionally watch Girona games, he's bang average I'm afraid, though Pep could've made him a useful back up. But he won't get a work permit next season anyway.
He has done ok this season, I think we have seen with Zinchenko what Pep can do. Anyone who joins the team will immediately go up a few levels and I think Luiz definitely needs a chance.

After Neuer (c) got off at half time for ter Stegen in the friendly vs Serbia,
Low gave the captain's armband to Ilkay, for the first time. Absolutely deserved.

Made a good match, accurate passing, some interceptions and should have scored but it was cleared on the line.

$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.