Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by David 'El Mago' Silva, 12 Jul 2019.

1. Tugay One Cup

Tugay One Cup

Thought he had a shit first half and a really good second one.

I honestly think he's better when he's being pressed and has less time on the ball. He uses it to wriggle free and release the ball to someone who is then in more space due to Ilkay being pressed by one or two of the opposition.

2. Dax777

Dax777

You right, he only had a 95% pass completion, 3 team splitting through balls, 3 steals, 2 shots on goal... Oh yeah and the assist that broke the initial ice.

But besides all that, you are right, nothing to write home about :)

3. Trojan1962

Trojan1962

Had a very good game tonight. He has been playing well in recent matches and deserves to start.

ChicagoBlue likes this.
  4. Pablo1

Pablo1

I’m always right, you should know that by now.

Tugay One Cup and Dax777 like this.
  5. mccity

mccity

I swear he was flying into a few tackles today. Living up to his Chopper nickname.

6. kippaxchris

kippaxchris

Credit where it's due. He had his 2nd good game of the season. Well done Ilkay

7. System really suited him I thought he was excellent

8. ws01

ws01

Christ you're petty. Incredibly so.

All it takes is one half decent game from Gundogan and you're across the entire forum with a 'did you see that? did you see that?' routine. And true to form, no where to be found when he's putting out his regular stinkers.

9. kenzie115

kenzie115

Stats can be misleading, for example there were at least two awful passes that missed their target and our player had to run 10-20 yards to collect the ball. However, because he generally passes backwards, there were no Everton players near enough to intercept so it would go down as a completed successful pass, when in fact it was shit.

Love it when he does try to play forwards though as he's great at those through balls from deep.

I like him in the deep role when we have the ball, but he's a liability when we're defending and a better team would have exposed that again last night.

10. ChicagoBlue

ChicagoBlue

Think his first touch is one of the best in the team. He knows how to receive a ball and take the first touch, usually away from trouble and into more space for himself.

When we are not being overrun and are controlling the game, he is brilliant. When we are being overrun and struggling to grab hold of a game, he struggles. Thankfully, we specialize in the former.

karen7 and Tugay One Cup like this.