Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wants far too much time on the ball,and you don't get it in this league,he doesn't learn,Rodri in for me over him rest of season
Nonsense. He is absolutely adept at earning time on it and is probably the best in the team at receiving under pressure.

Another tidy, nothing to write home about performance.
Wasn’t poor, wasn’t great. Certainly wasn’t a game where people should be singling him out for criticism.

A completely different point made to serve your agenda; fair enough.

I ain't got no agenda,you claimed my post was nonsense,so if you care to try and understand my reason to making that point you might be able to absorb it better.

He dilly dallies on the ball,99/100 picks the easy 5 yard sideways pass or on odd occasions tries a shot which frequently ends up way back in the stands,thinks he is better than what he is,a luxury player whose ok when the going is going well,will he roll his sleeves up and get stuck in when the going gets tough,not a chance,not been missed the last few games he has not started,and we won,starts yesterday and well...…………………..not his fault entirely before you try to miss my point again and pick on that statement,but not for me,an opinion that is permitted I'm sure you agree,or probably nonsense in your eyes as well.

He could, indeed, but instead people blame Gundogan for coming out but leaving the CF at the back post!

KDB was at fault for not getting out quicker, Stones was to blame for not getting anything on the original cross, and Gundogan was to blame for not staying with the man/men at the back post! Enough blame to go around.

Never quite understood our defence of set pieces under Pep, as he has virtually no height then uses zonal marking for the most part.

People love to play the blame game.

Zonal is supposed to be the most effective way of defending set pieces and I think we do it well for the most part, considering our lack of height, but that lack of height is always going to mean we will win the the less than we would with a bigger team.

His 5 yard pass sideways or back is all he’s bringing at the moment, I would rather see Rodri there full time. He must have some really incriminating pics of Pep, because he shouldn’t be playing imo, he’s a lazy, strolling around the pitch player, his bad injuries may have something to do with his lack of ‘aggression’/tackling, not an excuse though. He is stealing a wage and Pep is allowing him to fcuk up our games continually.

Every time he plays DM the opposition get a free run straight through to all the way our defensive line. Just ambles and ghosts, almost never attempting to make a tackle. This is THE main reason we are struggling defensively, not because we don't have Laporte. I'm sorry, but I hightly doubt we'd fairing a hell of a lot better if he was exposed as often as our backs have been this season.

He cannot be starting as lone pivot against any team that resembles quality. The system and position requires a player who is tough defensively as they're the gatekeeper and protector for the entire backline. Without DInho there no one is able to break up play before the opposition get a crack at us. In attack, he constantly slows the play down with too many touches and short passes, when the situation requires quick ball movement and passing between the lines.

Every manager has their blind spots, and Gundogan is Pep's I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.