Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know everyone will disagree but I thought himself and Rodri were quite poor at times tonight. For long periods they were fine but there is an x factor of real quality missing in our midfield and I dont know how to fix it. (Only thing for sure imo is that the solution doesn't involve Gundogan)

I don’t disagree that there’s some work to do in the middle of the park. We have gone from arguably the best and most creative midfield trio in world football of Silva, KDB and Fern, to something that just doesn’t quite fit and we have done it in such a short space of time, which makes it even more noticeable. I don’t like Gundogan and Rodri playing together, when we have full backs that are playing so negatively. We end up with Walker, Mendy, Gundogan and Rodri all playing it sideways or backwards and we become quite predictable. We are very lucky to have KDB pulling us out of the shit time and time again in the middle of the park.

I thought Ilkay generally played well tonight.

Nothing spectacular, but it was not likely to be given we were up against one of the best sides in the world (don’t let the ****s at BT and Sky try to tell you otherwise).

People are entitled to their opinion but thought both he and Rodri were quite poor tonight, lacked incisiveness and far too many short back passes.

Not his biggest fan, but thought he was excellent tonight and has generally been better the last couple of months.
Tonight he rarely lost the ball, seemed to be in the right place defensively, and was always available for the pass to stop Real asserting any sort of dominance in the game.

People are entitled to their opinion but thought both he and Rodri were quite poor tonight, lacked incisiveness and far too many short back passes.
You are entitled to your opinion, as wrong as it may be.

Gundogan played great today. All these comments like yours thinking he played poorly gives further evidence to the bias against him, and or the fact that many people on here are oblivious to the work midfielders do, and expecting them to do literally everything or be as good as Kevin (the best midfielder in the world)

Last half hour or so he started to play like I'd long forgotten that he could. Too long hes been flat, one paced, predictable, sideways.... Today he was jinking in and out like he can. Need him to get back to his best again but he showed signs of it for the first time in a very very long time for me tonight

You are entitled to your opinion, as wrong as it may be.

Gundogan played great today. All these comments like yours thinking he played poorly gives further evidence to the bias against him, and or the fact that many people on here are oblivious to the work midfielders do, and expecting them to do literally everything or be as good as Kevin (the best midfielder in the world)

I don't think you could be more wrong or misguided here but anywho, it's a great night for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.