Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Played in all 8 defeats this season.
Played in all 6 defeats last season.
Played in all 7 defeats in 17/18.
Played in 4 out of 5 defeats he was available for before injury in 16/17.

So 25 out of 26 possible defeats is an unwanted record for a squad player.

Out of curiosity, I took a quick glance at this season's stats.

He didn't start in the 3-2 defeat to Wolves. He didn't start in the 2-1 defeat to Manchester United, which, if I recall, was pretty much your worst performance of the season.

Last edited:
So who would you say played better than him today

Hardly anyone as he was neat and tidy like he always is. That’s not what’s frustrating about him it’s that we’ve gone from David Silva(before his legs went) playing as an 8 pressing and creating to Gundo passing sideways in one of the slowest centre mid partnerships you will see.A partnership that offers hardly anything going forwards and perversely with the lack of a press also doesn’t make us any stronger defensively. Maybe this is more the managers fault than Gundo but there you go.

Last edited:
Never was a fan. Simply put he needs to be sold.

1. he’s extremely slow
  2. Rarely assists or scores
  3. He’s afraid of tackles
  4. Most of his passing is sideways or backwards with the odd forward pass.
  5. He’s 29 and may still have some value or we can just keep until he’s 34 and even more shit.
Get this clown out of my club.

Out of curiosity, I took a quick glance at this season's stats.

He didn't start in the 3-2 defeat to Wolves. He didn't start in the 2-1 defeat to Manchester United, which, if I recall, was pretty much your worst performance of the season.

Even worse, we were 2-1 up against Wolves when he came on for KDB.

He played far better than Bernardo did but those with an agenda would rather criticise Gundogan than anyone else.

Though he was ok yesterday, but in being ok that means he was better than 6/7 of the team.

He will be essential in keeping the ball against Madrid so the boo boys better get used to seeing him.

Played in all 8 defeats this season.
Played in all 6 defeats last season.
Played in all 7 defeats in 17/18.
Played in 4 out of 5 defeats he was available for before injury in 16/17.

So 25 out of 26 possible defeats is an unwanted record for a squad player.
For context, he's also played more than anyone else in our squad this season and has been a valuable player for us for 4 years. Correlation doesn't equal causation.

For context, he's also played more than anyone else in our squad this season and has been a valuable player for us for 4 years. Correlation doesn't equal causation.
Our second most used player this season, it certainly shows in our results
Sterling and Zinchenko didn't do very well on the left, last season Laporte and Silva would have been there to help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.