#8 | Ilkay Gündoğan - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This season I’m guessing Peps asked him to get forward more often. He’s chipping in with goals, driving us forward, passing was never in question. Best player so far this season for me.

This season I’m guessing Peps asked him to get forward more often. He’s chipping in with goals, driving us forward, passing was never in question. Best player so far this season for me.
Gundogan is getting forward more now because of Cancelo's inverted fullback role. He can sit next to Rodri in the midfield to allow Gundo to go forward. Equally if Cancelo helps the attack on the right, Gundo can stay a little further back on the left.

Gundo has been incredible since November. Consistent high level performances, relishing the more aggressive role. Great to see

At the moment vital to the team more consistent than any other player since his recovery from COVID , he signed a new contract with no hullabaloo or histrionics or agents threatening this that and the other , one of the first players Pep wanted at the club and we now know the reason why. Never hides the only negative is his bravery at times in a 50/50 which has been highlighted many times , but i would put that down to self preservation after some of the serious injuries he has suffered.

He is a wonderful player: balance, spacial awareness, close control, passing and finishing are all within his skillset. I am pleased that people are recognising what a special talent he is and that he is being given the opportunity to showcase it for the benefit of all the players around him.
He must surely be one of the best players in the prem this season,outshing the likes of even Foden in our team for pure consistency.Ive alwaya liked his skill set.the tatical discipline, re cycling of the ball,the short pass game set..a wonderful player,and now showing he knows where the goal is in a different team role.

There was a pass against Brighton,on the edge of their pen box where he used his right foot to deftly chip the ball over their defence for mahrez i think to run in behind and shoot.that pass was breath taking..i had to replay it back on the highlights clip i watched 4/5 times to work out how he,d done it.

A special Player.

He must surely be one of the best players in the prem this season,outshing the likes of even Foden in our team for pure consistency.Ive alwaya liked his skill set.the tatical discipline, re cycling of the ball,the short pass game set..a wonderful player,and now showing he knows where the goal is in a different team role.

There was a pass against Brighton,on the edge of their pen box where he used his right foot to deftly chip the ball over their defence for mahrez i think to run in behind and shoot.that pass was breath taking..i had to replay it back on the highlights clip i watched 4/5 times to work out how he,d done it.

A special Player.
I think that he is the best technical player in the league. He is one of those that knows what he is going to do with the ball before it arrives and his first touch, with either foot, allows him to do exactly what he wants. Just look at how he repeatedly received the ball and span away from Chelsea players, leaving them for dust.

Another fantastic performance and a beautiful goal.
He’s got his critics but his passing, vision and ball striking is superb (although not such a great free kick tonight).
One of the best players of the season so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.