#8 | Ilkay Gündoğan - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So your blaming Gundogan for Pep selecting Rodri alongside him , are you for real ? The problem is Pep's decision and nothing to do with Gundogans ability , perhaps you should take your crtitcism to the Pep thread , he picks the f*cking team.

No I blame Pep for playing both together but that doesnt stop Gundi contributing better in the position, he was an attacking player before we signed him. I dont thing hes great at the holding position either

I rate Gundo & glad he's at our club, fcuk you all :)
We will need Gundo's experience this season to help bring the best out of Phil Foden. You need many different elements in the squad. Like many fans I like Gundogan and Rodri but just not as a pairing on the pitch. Gundogan is an experienced professional who usually delivers in the crunch games. For example he was fantastic when we beat Barca 3-1 and when we destroyed United by the same score at home. But he does not play the same role as Fernandihno and not replacing Ferdy has been the main problem for us. For a while I thought Bernardo could do that deeper role (breaking forward at key times) but we will have to see what happens this season.

I rate Gundo & glad he's at our club, fcuk you all :)

That's fine but do you believe that the pairing of him and Rodri is a good match up for the team ?

Many posters on the forum can identify Gundogan's qualities but his lack of pace added to a similar deficiency in Rodri means that our " defensive shield " seriously lacks pace and mobility , and that is what others are alluding to.

He does not match up to the qualities which Fenandinho provided to the team when in the role imo, but perhaps you diagree ?

That's fine but do you believe that the pairing of him and Rodri is a good match up for the team ?

Many posters on the forum can identify Gundogan's qualities but his lack of pace added to a similar deficiency in Rodri means that our " defensive shield " seriously lacks pace and mobility , and that is what others are alluding to.

He does not match up to the qualities which Fenandinho provided to the team when in the role imo, but perhaps you diagree ?
No, i wouldn't play him & Rodri together but that isn't just Gundo's fault, i think Rodri is a decent player but hopefully he'll show a lot more this season than last

I don’t think he ever had any hunger. Don’t know why pep kept picking him for every single CL game, for me that decision ultimately cost us a chance to get to the semis. Why does he keep getting picked for Germany, who knows, all I can say he’s just not good enough to play for a top team

Gundogan has had plenty of hunger especially during his Dortmund days

Gundog is a fantastic player that most games he is at the least quietly effective if not key to the tempo we play at.

The same can be said of Rodri, who I think will improve hugely now that he’s had the experience of his first season.

The issue is that Pep plays both together and to date I can’t think of a big game where that has ended in a good performance or result.

Hopefully Pep will take the corrective action and utilise them in their best roles - single role number 6.

Maybe against the general opinion of BM but I think we will be fine with either at number 6 as long as we have the required energy ahead in the midfield.

A damning statistic. Gundogun started in 13 of 15 defeats I counted since around Oct. and Rodri and gundogun were paired together in 10 of those

There's something wrong at the football club when there's topics like this.

Sort it out Pep, or no one will be asking you to extend that contract. Fernandinho, Gundogan and Rodri together doesn't work. It's about the team and complementing each other. We all know that.

Are we as a football with £200m to buy Messi going to deal with this or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.